• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155 .308 A-Max REAL BC?

Grump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2008
So. Utah
I'm glad we have someone like Bryan Litz testing for real BCs, but I'm still toying with the A-Max as a usually more available option to the SMKs, the Lapuas, and the spendy Bergers.

What I *really* like is he's giving us average G1 BCs so we can use something other than Sierra's software and those velocity breakpoints to predict come-ups and wind. I am still playing with a Palm-based program and it allows only 1 BC entry.

So, anyone got the real-life average BC for the 155 A-Max? I'm getting a box for testing (wasted the last one on a dieing barrel), and want to be dialed in instead of searching for the paper when I dial up for the 500 ro 600-yard groups.

Thanks!

Re: 155 .308 A-Max REAL BC?

When I was using them, the listed .435 BC always got me almost dead nuts on within 600 yards using JBM. At 1k it was a good 1-2 minutes off.