• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155 grain Lapua Scenar with Rel-15 in .308 win. and 30-06?

LOBO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2003
Mississippi
Looking for some load data in .308 win. and 30-06. Both with Lapua 155 grain Scenar and Reloader 15 powder. Will be using Winchester brass. BTW, does Lapua publish any load data?

I haven't seen anything from Lapua regarding load data. Vihtavouri does have load data for both the .308 and .30-06 and the 155gr Scenar though, but obviously they aren't using Reloader 15 as their powder.

Back in the day (15 years ago) I had great luck out of a Remington 700 SS 5R using the 155gr SMK and 44.5 - 45.5gr RE-15. The 45.5gr load was shooting down around the .5 - .6 inch range at 200. Like an idiot, I rebarreled that rifle to .260 because it was the "new hotness" at the time, and then eventually lost interest in it and sold it.

155gr SMK
Remington brass
CCI-BR2
44.5 - 45.5gr RE-15
2.820 COL

I didn't own a chronograph at the time, but the drop data would have put me around a leisurely 2700 FPS for the 45.5gr load.

Have a look at this:

Thanks all. So it is ok to use other 155 gr bullet data? Just back off the max a few grains to start?

Thanks all. So it is ok to use other 155 gr bullet data? Just back off the max a few grains to start?

I don't know why it wouldn't be okay. The Scenar is a bit longer than some other 155s, but it isn't tremendously long.

I use JIM'S bullet length list sometimes when I get stuck trying to do the same thing you are.

I scoured around the bench trying to find, but I must have thrown out all my 308/Scenar and #15 load data .
Shot a bunch, and worn-out a couple barrels on 155 Scenars and #15 . Was easy to get to good 2900 Vel, Node, and was real accurate also . They carried very well down range.

( For Me ) and 308, if not pushing 155 scenars at least 2900 Vel. . I just stuck to old and trusty 175 smk's @ good 2600 or a 2700 vel. Node .

One thing, I found that when you start pushing hard over beyond a good 2900 vel. node . You REALLY started to sacrifice Brass primmer pockets fast . So don't waist your-$$$ on using Lapua brass, just stick to Win. brass or another less expensive.