• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155 grain Lapua Scenars actual weight???

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
I just put 20 155 grain Lapua Scenar on my scales (one electronic/one manual) and found that they ranged in weight from 154.1 grains-154.5 grains.

NOT ONE WAS 155 GRAINS FROM 5 DIFFERENT BOXES!

Is this normal for Lapua?

(my SMK almost always come out at the exact weight specified... the most variance I've seen is .1 grain)

Re: 155 grain Lapua Scenars actual weight???

If you really want to see a variance, start weighing 168 AMAX's. I've had as much as 4 full grains of difference in the same box. No offense, but I wouldn't complain about .4grains over 5 boxes. Just my opinion

Palma bullets must be under 156 grains, so that is understandable to me.

154.5 seems like the average to me, varying +/- .2gr.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MitchAlsup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some overseas places sell these as 154 gr Scenars. </div></div>

At least that's more accurate!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palma bullets must be under 156 grains, so that is understandable to me. </div></div>

I think 155 is under 156 too....

I checked about 400 at one time. They averaged 154.6 gr.

Highest I have ever weighed 155.7 gr and lowest being 154.1 gr.

Then I said - What the hell do I care! That was the last I ever seen of those bullets.