• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155 Hornady Palma Match?

Pusher591

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 18, 2009
    Gaston County
    Anybody shot it and how does it compare to handloads of 155 grain palma match or 155 scenars? Don't know much about reloading or anything so don't bust my balls if this is a stupid question! About to do a GAP 18.5 or 20 with a Bartlein or Rock barrel at a 1:11.25 twist. Will this twist work well with the palma loads or should I stick to the 168's and 175's? Also why are alot of the palma or scenars loads more accurate than the 168's or 175's?

Re: 155 Hornady Palma Match?

dont see why it wouldnt, a 10 will stabilize up to 240gr. 11-12 should be good for put to 175 or so. but check out the bullet site it should tell you what the bullet needs.

I wouldnt say one load id more accurate buy themselves, but more accurate in a given rifle (yes). You have to play around with the load to see what your rifle likes.

Re: 155 Hornady Palma Match?

That ammo (Hornady 155 Palma Match) uses the 155 A-Max...

Yes, it will shoot just fine in your Rock 1:11.25...

How do I know? I have the same barrel <grin>