• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155 Scenar measurments

Rhys

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Could someone sho loads the 155 Scenars get a couple measurements for me? I need the OAL of the bullet, and the base to ogive length as well.

Thanks

Or if you happen to have the difference in seating depth at the lands between the 155 Scenar and the 155.5 Berger that would work as well.

Re: 155 Scenar measurments

That number is going to depend on the seating depth of the bullet. So I would guess that it's going to be different for many people. I am not sure if I want to use that data, unless you are asking for a base to ogive length at standard SAAMI depth (2.800"). I would recommend that you get a Hornady bullet comparator and a OAL gauge measurement. You will have a kit to measure for every bullet type. I think it's well worth the money, JMHO.

I've got the comparator, and have the measurements for all of the bullets I currently use. I'd rather not have to go buy another box of bullets just to check this measurement. I may have been confusing in my wording. The measurement I am needing to find is how far back the ogive is from the tip. From this I can determine if the 155 scenars are going to be able to be loaded to the lands for my chamber and mag length.

That is perfect. Those are the measurements I was after and then some.

Thanks