• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155/ Tac load for auto loader ??

Jim the Plumber

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I have on hand 8#'s of Tac and 600 Nosler 155's that I want to load up for my SOCOM M1-A. Looked through all 6 pages in the above 308 load data to no avail. I'm not looking for sub MOA, just wanting to use what I have on the shelf.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jim

Re: 155/ Tac load for auto loader ??

Jim,

A couple years ago I had a load running in my Palma rifle... 155gr Noslers + something like 46.5gr Tac in Winchester PALMA brass (half-ways between Winchester commercial and Lapua in weight/volume) netted something right around 3000fps from a 31" Broughton 5C barrel. It shot well, loaded easily on a Dillon 550 with the stock powder measure (which was why I tried it), etc. and so on - problem was we had a few too many days of 100-105+ at the time and it did bad things to case heads and primer pockets when the ammo had time to soak in the ambient heat. Might want to back down a tad and maybe find a lower node that isn't quite so close to the ragged edge in the heat.

HTH,

Monte