• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155gr SMK Palma bullets

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
I managed to go shoot a little today. I was checking a load using some 180gr Nosler BT bullets.
I had some loads left over from when I first started loading for this .308. One of the loads used a 155gr SMK Palma bullet- I have had those bullets for a long time.
They had the tightest group of the day- 4 rounds touching in a diagonal line with the fifth round a called flyer.
My rifle is a Remington 700 SPS sitting in a B&C stock.

Is it normal for this rifle/barrel twist to prefer the lighter bullets?
Nosler's site showed this load as being the most accurate in their testing. I know that doesn't mean much but the groups I got were on the large side- over 1".
If this barrel likes the 155gr bullets that is what I will buy. If this might be a fluke I will buy several other weights too.

Jim

Re: 155gr SMK Palma bullets

I was in Sierra's Factory store the other day and was looking at a 55 gal drum of 155SMKs staring me in the face. 9 bucks and some change per pound if memory serves me right...it's not that far of a drive I have to go visit more often.