• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155's in an '06?

Winny

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2005
This Place
Anyone out there running any 155 MK's in an '06, and if so, what type of results are you getting

I'm not, but if'n I ever get a Garand again I'll probably run them.

Pretty sure you can get enough speed out of them launched from a .30-06 and 24 full inches of barrel, to make them stay enough supersonic at 1,000. ONE load for everything is way cool.

Net recoil should also be less than 175s in a .308, too. Might make a difference when you're 30+ rounds into a day of shooting.

And since the old Sierra 150-gr Match Kings grouped so well from Garands back in the day, I fully expect the 155s of all sorts to do just fine in their 1:10 twist barrels. And even better in a bolt gun.

The only 155's I've used out of my Rem 700 30-06 are the Scenars, but I've only tested so far with Varget (48.0-51.2gr; 2735-2878fps). Wasn't impressed and tries with 3 other powders are on hold for a while.

Two,

What type of velocity were you getting? I'm toying with running some 155 Palma Mks for shits and giggles. I'm thinking if I can 2900 to 3000 it should be interesting to see downrange performance.

Oops! Just saw your velocity was listed.

Last edited: