• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

155's Scenars weights: I think I got hosed....

03psd

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2006
Oklahoma
Bought a 100 bullets from a member here sold as 155gr Lapua Scenars from the groupbuy. I wasnt in on the group buy but unless it was for seconds I think I got screwed. I finally got around to loading some up today and randomly weighed 10 and NONE were within .5gr of 155. All ranged from 154.0 to 154.4gr. I double checked my scale with the precision weight set and its dead nuts on.

This is my first foray into the 155s, did I buy someones seconds or is thissort of variance considered acceptable?

Re: 155's Scenars weights: I think I got hosed....

Maybe they are metric!

Seriously, a total variance of 4/10s of a grain in 100 rounds seems pretty tight. I haven't tried them yet so I'm interested in this too!

Actually, overseas they are sold as 154 gr.

However, they shoot like the dickens and 0.4 gr variance is a pittance.

I've weighed a few hundred from my stash before to check variance, and found them to vary +/- .2gr also. Your results are normal, I averaged a full box when I first started shooting Scenars and got 154.4gr.

I feel much better. thank you gentlemen.

154's on top of 46.2gr RL15 and 45.6gr Varget headed down range

46.2 RL15 2.855" OAL is my load of choice also. But I decided to load some round at 46.9 RL15 and try them out since now I can load them at 2.920 OAL

I have the same situation. I bought 1K on a group buy and not one of the 300 I have weighed so far are 155. The majority are 154.3 grains, the lowest was 154.0 and the highest 154.6

I had the same thought about them being seconds since I received them in a big bag, rather than the factory boxes as I expected.

I havn't weighed any of mine from the GB but, I did actually shoot some and they did great.

I take that back. I weighed the bags when I got them to make sure they were about 22lbs
smile.gif

The fact that they are 154 instead of 155 isn't important, the important part is that all 100 of them are +- 0.2gr

If you had 1000 of them on hand and they all fell 154-154.4 you would have a dynamite group of bullets, the rifle won't know the difference as long as they have a very tight spread.