• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 15th Wedding Anniversary

Va_Gentleman

Cook
Minuteman
So, my wife and I have our 15th wedding anniversary next week. This morning we were talking and I said.. 15.. 5 was Wood, 10 was choice.. what is 15?

She said she looked it up and it is Crystal. I said Wow, how awesome. I could actually use something for the 15 year. She said really? What is it.

I produced one of the many magazines and showed her the list of Swarovski Scopes. She said do they have crystal in them? I said what does it matter, its Swarovski... that is the brand I would be getting her. She sighed and said to have me pick my choice and she would order.

Heh heh.. sometimes it pays to gut it out...

Any thoughts on which model?

Re: 15th Wedding Anniversary

Congrats on 15yrs. Best wishes for the next 15.

I have always been super impressed with their spotting scopes. There is one at a local fun match I go to - its a monster, with something like a 80mm objective lens. But the guy working that thing ALWAYS sees the vapor trail, ALWAYS sees the splashes. If you are looking for a spotting scope, this crystal opportunity might be fun!

I didn't tell her.. but with a scope like that.. I am going to need a helluva rig to put under it. And I just don't see my 300wm rig that's been lightly customized doing the trick.

Birthday is coming in Feburary ... 40th.. It's all about planning ahead when something falls in your lap.

Just to be fair, I suspect for a "crystal" anniversary present like that from her, you'd better think strongly about making her gift some form of "crystalized" carbon. Otherwise, you may not hear the end of it and the upcoming birthday rig might be in jeopardy (LOL).

Congrats on 15 years, and on convincing her to get you a new scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to be fair, I suspect for a "crystal" anniversary present like that from her, you'd better think strongly about making her gift some form of "crystalized" carbon. Otherwise, you may not hear the end of it and the upcoming birthday rig might be in jeopardy (LOL).</div></div>

Yeah.. she could turn that around..a crystal is a noun for a process of many different elements... hmm.. does Cubic Zirconian count?

Congrats on making 15.Sounds like you have a good one and had better do right by her,next week. Lightman