• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

15x56 Comparo

bab029

Hammer Mechanic
Minuteman
May 16, 2011
Louisiana
I've been casually shopping high end 15x56s for a while now after using some Swarovskis. Thought I'd throw together a table with the various specs out there in case others are looking as well... I know Swaros are the hands-down best but it seems that others bring a real value proposition to the table. I was stuck on meoptas, but it looks like the Steiners may offer better FOV for the same money... Anyone got any experience with the steiners? They have good reviews around the interwebs.

1533568078225.png

The Cannon image stabilized binos are worth takeing a look at.
I have been running the 18x50s for 15yrs and they are awesome

I would worry less about the spec sheet and put eyes through them. FOV between them is nearly unnoticeable at 1k. Look through as many as you can... Buy the ones your eyes like.

That’s what I’m really trying to address: my eyes like the swarovskis ?

Just pulling a little data together here in case anyone is interested. I’ll look into the canons. I’ve heard they’re great also, but forgot about them.

The Swaro 15x56 are unbeatable currently. When they redesigned them in 14/15ish they really did an awesome job. If you have your eyes on them you might as well get them because you will not be happy with anything less now. A few runner ups that you may want to look at are the Sig 15x56 and the Vortex 18x56

I was too cheap to buy the Swaros so ended up with some of the Meoptas and am very happy with them.

I have also heard that the new Leupys are very nice as well.

There is a big price jump b/w the Meoptas and Swaros and it was not worth it for me.

Swaros are better than the Zeiss in my opinion, my first hand impression. I personally bought the Swaros, but would've liked to check out the Meoptas. Having said the that the guys at Eurooptic "forced me" to take the Swaros w/ a great deal, lol