• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

16” .308 Cut Rifle AR Barrel

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
Anyone know of someone who makes/can make/stocks a 16” .308 cut rifle AR barrel? I am running a Kreiger M110 at the moment but want a second upper with a shorter/lighter barrel. Intended use inside 700 yards.

Alternatively, who makes a good button rifle barrel with good reputation for accuracy? Lilja? Wilson? Criterion?

I would have one made but I am not waiting 8 months for a barrel maker to get around to it.

Anyone know of someone who makes/can make/stocks a 16” .308 cut rifle AR barrel? I am running a Kreiger M110 at the moment but want a second upper with a shorter/lighter barrel. Intended use inside 700 yards.

Alternatively, who makes a good button rifle barrel with good reputation for accuracy? Lilja? Wilson? Criterion?

I would have one made but I am not waiting 8 months for a barrel maker to get around to it.
BA does I believe, as does KAK and BA has the moa guarantee and the KAK barrels, from my experience, are moa. Wilson Combat does as well. That's all I know as I don't use any other barrels for 'fun guns/short barrel 308s.

...IIRC the Proof Research all stainless barrels are cut-rifled. Unless you are adamant about a 16", they offer an 18" w/rifle length gas system. Brownells is carrying then and has the "Add to Cart" button active, notes its a special order item and claiming 5-8 weeks for delivery.

...button rifled tubes are plentiful, take your pick of brand name and reputation...it all comes down to who has what in stock. My personal preference and experience has been with Ballistic Advantage tubes, in multiple calibers, and I've been very happy with them. They have all met BA's MOA claim when I proof them using commercial match grade ammo after assembly.

...IIRC the Proof Research all stainless barrels are cut-rifled. Unless you are adamant about a 16", they offer an 18" w/rifle length gas system. Brownells is carrying then and has the "Add to Cart" button active, notes its a special order item and claiming 5-8 weeks for delivery.

...button rifled tubes are plentiful, take your pick of brand name and reputation...it all comes down to who has what in stock. My personal preference and experience has been with Ballistic Advantage tubes, in multiple calibers, and I've been very happy with them. They have all met BA's MOA claim when I proof them using commercial match grade ammo after assembly.
I appreciate the feedback. If I go button rifle I will probably go with a BA or Rainier. Good to see some good feedback on the BA.

Craddock Precision offers cut rifled bbl from Bartlein or Rock, button rifled from Krieger/ Criterion.
Able to specify bbl length, port size and port location if desired or go with off shelf configuration.
All the barrels I have from CP in various calibers (-5 & -10, cut & button) have shot very well.

I appreciate the feedback. If I go button rifle I will probably go with a BA or Rainier. Good to see some good feedback on the BA.

...FWIW, this is out of my 16" Hanson from BA comparing FGGM 168's with my handload using HDY 155's @100m...unfortunately I believe this particular barrel has been discontinued (for now??). Shot using a hasty front rest (ammo can with towel on top) ....

Attachments

• 20170228_054939.jpg
    20170228_054939.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Cold_Bore_88
Craddock Precision offers cut rifled bbl from Bartlein or Rock, button rifled from Krieger/ Criterion.
Able to specify bbl length, port size and port location if desired or go with off shelf configuration.
All the barrels I have from CP in various calibers (-5 & -10, cut & button) have shot very well.
Pm sent