• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

16” recon barrels for AR15

JimmyT

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
Need to know who is making the most consistent/accurate barrels for AR15s now. My choices are Krieger/Douglass/Criterian from CLE. Also interested in lothar Walter too.

All mentioned so far are all top shelf; I happen to think that Bartlein is top of the heap, but that personal preference.

I also really like Rock Creek barrels.

Both CLE & Craddock can supply Bartlein; Craddock for Rock Creek.

MM

Reactions: drewthebrave
All the above are excellent choices.

I favor Criterion because they just work but in this day and age we're just splitting hairs.

Reactions: drewthebrave
All the above are excellent choices.

but in this day and age we're just splitting hairs.

That's true.....................everyone produces a super gem or a lemon once in a great while but lemons are very rare today with the barrels all listed above.

MM

I have not personally used them, but I hear/read great things about Ballistic Advantage and Rosco Manufacturing. Ballistic Advantage claims "sub moa" accuracy with all of their barrels if used with match grade ammunition.

Again, I have not used either but thought I would try and help haha.

Check out Craddock Precision, they offer Criterion, Bartlein, and Rock Creek.

I went with a Noveske Afghan barrel (14.5”) after seeing a rifle perform with one at Costa Ludus mid range carbine course. That rifle was just hitting steel from 100-700 yards. I was very impressed with that combo. I was having great success with a LaRue predatOBR with 18” barrel and 77 grain hand-loads. My buddy was using one of the Beards rifles, a KAC SR-15 with the Afghan Barrel and 55 grain M193 ammo.... I was impressed.

I have not personally used them, but I hear/read great things about Ballistic Advantage and Rosco Manufacturing. Ballistic Advantage claims "sub moa" accuracy with all of their barrels if used with match grade ammunition.

Again, I have not used either but thought I would try and help haha.

TFF :ROFLMAO:

MM