• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

168 A Max bullets

Scratchthejeepguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2013
WI
Am I stupid... Don't answer that...

I can't find the thread that talks about all the good loads people have found for .308.

I ran into some 168gr Hornady A-Max bullets. I'll be using Varget. Are you guys getting good groupings with the A-Max bullets? I'll be shooting them under 300 yards at paper from a bolt gun, or are these better suited for something else and I should save them for that?

Am I stupid... Don't answer that...
Well, if you insist... ;)

I ran into some 168gr Hornady A-Max bullets. I'll be using Varget. Are you guys getting good groupings with the A-Max bullets? I'll be shooting them under 300 yards at paper from a bolt gun, or are these better suited for something else and I should save them for that?
168gr AMAX are great and precise bullets for most anything. Perhaps under 300 yards you could find a cheaper alternative that's accurate enough for you, but these are very good.

No clue about Varget. Those who tried it might comment.

Last edited:
If you are loading them in LC brass, 44 grains of Varget is all you will be able to get in the case and at that weight the bullet just starts to compress the powder at 2.80" OAL. That is my load for 168's and 175's and 178's and works great for all three. Only difference is speed, not accuracy.

Yea I have a group 6 shots 300 yards, flyer was first shot before correction, next five were money.

Diego

Attachments

• 20130921_085142.jpg
    20130921_085142.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 4