• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

168 Amax .308, 44.7 grain Varget, 2.815 OAL out of a 20 incher.......

FedCop

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
puyallup WA
anyone happen to have a extimate on velocity for this load? i just need an estimate plus or minus 50 fps so i can work outsome numbers.

I ran 168 Amax over 44.8 out of an SPS Tac 20" 1:12 and avg 2649 deviation 10.77 2.830 OAL @ 4875 ft elevation.

I got 2 20"ers and Dope tells me I get 2620 from one and 2650 with 175 FGMM or SW175Match. Does this sound outrageous. So I figured you would get a bit more than me.

Thanks for the help, that sounds about what I was thinking. Would a round be faster out of a 1:10 vs 1:12?

You should be knocking on the door of 2600fps. In my AAC-SD 44.6gr Varget/168 AMAX/FL sized LC brass/Winchester LR primers = 2579fps avg. 45gr averaged at 2601fps. 44.8gr averaged at 2580fps. Needless to say I found a node between those. I think the numbers kind of give it away. Seems like everytime I get near compressing varget it performs well(good consistency).
If you have a Remington the numbers should be close. If you have something tighter expect the speeds to go up.

We are 3 hours apart. We could meet in the middle and you can shoot through mine. Perhaps somewhere in the Gifford Pinchot, or I'll bet there's a range near Centralia?

I need one but dont currently have the monies.

P7id10t ( love the name those ID10T forms in the military will get ya) thanks, that would be pretty awesome of you, I have friends around here that said they can loan me theres. But I really appriciate the offer.

MelloYello: that is exactly my node out of my AAC-SD as well so guess we are on the right track. I will use your numbers in my calculator. Thanks all for the help!