• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

168 GR BTHP Load Recipe help

paulo_santos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2006
NJ
www.spdcrossfit.com
Hey uys. I'm expecting a Mega Arms .308 for T&E and I was looking for some load recipes for them. I only have a little bit of H4895, Varget, and a lot of Benchmark. If anyone has any universally accurate loads that I can use, I appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: 168 GR BTHP Load Recipe help

45 gr Varget, Wolf Primer, 168 Nosler Match HPBT, Lapua Brass...may work up or down depending on the brass manufacturer. OAL of 2.800 to start. JMHO

I have used the same load as naval person except used CCI BR-2 primers. Very good load out of my 3 tactical rifles. I now use IMR-4064, use this powder in more cals.

Since it is a gas gun, I've checked some manuals and I'm going to go with a max of 42.5 GR of Varget, 42 GR of H4895, and 41 GR of Benchmark.

168vld, varget 45gr, laupa brass, BR primers OCL 2.810

Paulo, depending on how fast you want to go, I have always had sick luck with 42-43 RL15 under 168s, but it is a tad slow. You can pretty much substitute varget for RL15 and vice versa, so I would try that. I think you should get about 2650 or so with that charge.