• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

168gr bulk bullets from wideners?

Mr45auto

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2007
Oregon City OR
Wideners lists 168gr BTHP bulk bullets for $93/500 IIRC. Are these decent bullets or crap? They'll run about $40 less than SMKs but if they're significantly worse performers I'll stick with the known bullet.

I suspect they're serbian bullets but I havent called to ask.

Re: 168gr bulk bullets from wideners?

Ive bought some in both 223 62gr and 308 175gr they seam to work fine good for target practice

I have put lots of the Wideners pills down range and have not complaints with them. Like Sapper12b says they are good trigger time bullets.

Terry

Depends on what your expectations are. If you are shooting plate at 300 yards, they will do fine, but if you want 1MOA, you will be disappointed as thats probably what you can get with sorted ones, if you are lucky. We use a lot of the 22cal 75s for our junior HP team but only for practice and small local matches. We wont send them to big matches with them...they get Sierras for that.

As long as these meet your expectations, get them, but if you want sub MOA, I would look elsewhere.

John