• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.17 HMR @ Bushnell 6500

CanadianShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2009
Hello everyone first timer here, trying to decide on a scope for a Sako Quad in .17 HMR. Used for small game from gophers, grouse, fox, ranges from 25 yards to 150 yards. Anyway I've been thinking about the Bushnell 6500 2.5-16X42mm with the MilDot reticle what do you guys think about this choice for a rimfire? I like the magnification range.

Re: .17 HMR @ Bushnell 6500

I have a Falcon Menace 4-14 FFP on my Quad. I think it has much better features for less money.

With FFP, the mil graduations will be true at all magnifications, which allows you to use them for hold overs and such at all magnifications. If you get the 0.1mil knobs (which match the reticle), you just dial in your misses directly. You can sight in the scope or correct for a miss in two shots.

I got that exact scope on my Quad. I feel it is the best scope to put on a hunting rimfire. I want to put one on all my rimfires. It focuses down to about 2 yards on 2.5X and has some great glass for the price. You won't be disapointed if you go with one.

I have the 6500 2.5-16X50 mil dot on my savage BTVS Mark II .22 . Love it. I bought it for my 300 win mag browning A bolt but have EGW 20 moa rails on both and switch it between the two with awesome return to zero on both. Leupold QRW rings. The 200 yard zero on the 300 win is within a half min of the 100 yard zero on the .22.