• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 175gr MKs vs. Wild Hogs

Hondo64d

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
The Big Country
Shot these with my .308 this weekend with 175gr MKs loaded to about 2670fps. Black one was taken at about 80 yards. Shot was just behind right shoulder. Exit was small, about the size of a quarter. Found first blood drops about 80 yards from where I shot him, and blood trailed him about 40 yards more to where he lay.

Shot the red one at about 100 yards, low through right shoulder. No exit. He made it about 40 - 50 yards. No blood trail.

Don't know what they weighed, but you might get an idea of the size by comparing to my rifle.

The MKs work, but not nearly as convincingly as the Berger VLDs have for me...

John

Debbie_s_4_Jul_09_013.jpg

Debbie_s_4_Jul_09_014.jpg

P7040014.JPG

P7040018.JPG

P7040011.JPG

Re: 175gr MKs vs. Wild Hogs

very nice.....thanks for posting these......next time if you put it right behind the ear.....they DRT......

that bottom one....the speckle hog....can vanish in the brush in a heartbeat.....but you knew that, once again thanks for posting.

Year round fun!!! The ear hole is the way to go. I normaly use the 150gr power points or soft points.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't belive you shot my mother in law </div></div>

Damn it.......now I've got coffee all over my keyboard!

I've had great success with 168SMK's on hogs, even on hogs much bigger than that. The last being roughly 175lbs at about 120 yards, Folded up like a lawn chair with out so much as a twitch.

Good shooting
Chupa

I didn't open them up for a thorough investigation, but only one exited. The exit wound was about the size of a quarter.

John

I'd love to go hog hunting down there sometime, looks like them hogs have some sharp teeth, along with some tusks. Good shootin'.