• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

175gr SMK 1000 Yard Terminal Ballistics

Shady_Jay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2006
1115e459.jpg

This morning we were shooting weak side at 1000 yards. The client hit the steel and I saw what I though was something flying off the center of the target. I asked if he saw it and he didn't. I couldn't figure out what the hell flew off the center of the target and then up over the height of the steel.

Later, I went down to paint the targets and saw the little bird. I laughed so hard. The bullet hit the steel the exact second the bird flew in front of the target. The grenade-like shrapnel from the copper jacketing killed the bird.

Here he is with his 1000 yard kill:

P1010770.jpg

After seeing it and replaying it in my mind; it looked just like when you shoot a dove and it folds up before it hits the ground.

What's the odds?

Re: 175gr SMK 1000 Yard Terminal Ballistics

Whoa!!!

I think I have found a new way to dove hunt. I little millet under the 1000 yard steel ..... hmmmmmmmmmmmm. That is too funny and good shooting, lol.

NTRP-CKA has some very exacting standards for passing his courses. Having to complete a weak side 1000 yard kill with match boolits on a tweety bird in flight to "pass" was not in the online course description. Hell, I thought that the 750 yard golf ball hit was going to be difficult. Now..... let's see the next student match that.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NTRP-CKA has some very exacting standards for passing his courses. Having to complete a weak side 1000 yard kill with match boolits on a tweety bird in flight to "pass" was not in the online course description. Hell, I thought that the 750 yard golf ball hit was going to be difficult. Now..... let's see the next student match that.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Go big or go home!!!!

Like I tell everyone:

If you're gonna be a bear, you be a Grizzly.