• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos 1760 yd can

benchduck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
n.c.
this is what happens when you shoot a bean can at 1760yd with a 338 lapua will dig the bullet out of the bank and then give credit to the shooter down to two guy that was shooting at the can the bottom group was shot at 1550yd with a 416 barrett

Re: 1760 yd can

This is a can from the fun shoot which i discovered yesterday was a hit. Go to funshoot at Rays in Va under The Tactical Comps heading page 5. For full discription.Thanks Ray

Looks like the bullet passed thru you can even see a little mark on the edge of the can passed what appears to be exit out the top of can. Looks like the bullet hanging out of the can is not going in at that exact angle as what appears to be a pass thru.

Correction the 2 shots on the plate were @ 1650 with a 416 Barrett. There was plenty of ompf left in the 338 the can wasent thick enough and did not have enough mass to turn the bullet. Kind of like shooting a empty 20oz pop bottle @ 100yards with a .223 fmj the pop bottle will not even fall over and you will think you missed until you go look at the bottle and see the hole in the size of a .223 bullet But if you shoot the same bullet at a 3/8" piece of steel hanging from a chain. the steel will swing and the bullet will tear a good exit hole. Thanks Ray

I sent more pics of the bullet poking through the entrance hole i dont know why they were not posted. But the can was standing up, with label upside down the bullet struck the side of the can and passed out the top of the can which was on the ground hence the lable being upside down. Thanks Ray<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the bullet passed thru you can even see a little mark on the edge of the can passed what appears to be exit out the top of can. Looks like the bullet hanging out of the can is not going in at that exact angle as what appears to be a pass thru. </div></div>

iam above punctuation will post the rest of the pics tonight got to work

Not sure who hit it yet but if you shot at the cans let me know what caliber and bullet type with weight ect... Thanks Ray

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bjohnson87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must have a good optic </div></div>
And a clear cool day.

Where I'm at, mirage obliterates images out beyond 200 yards when it's hot, or beyond 600 if it's just warm.

Durned sun.

I've heard of lots of thing's being attempted over the measured mile....but shooting a can of beans? That's new to me.

+1 on what optic was being used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creep in 2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys yesterday i went over to the 1700+ yard
ridge to check hits with a new rifle im testing and evaulating. I decided to pick up the 6 inch tall cans of beans i had put out for the fun shoot. the first can i picked up i noticed a rotten smell i looked at the can and low and behold there was a bullet hole in it with exit hole. The cans were looked at as we walked by at about ten yards but didnt see any exploded cans like on shooter, so we didnt look any closer. The bullet hole was 3/8" up from the bottom of the can. This can was the one i was shooting at. Not sure who ealse tried a shot at a can or not, but im sure jon and clark will try to lay claim to it LOL. i dug around with a wind flag stake but couldnt find a bullet but i will take an entrenching tool over ther after ASC this weekend and recover the bullet and weigh it as well as measure it. Im sending Pics to bench duck to post for me i measured the hole .338" and placed a 300gr.matchking in the hole for pics. Ill keep you updated on what i find out. Thanks Ray. </div></div>

When you have "the rest of the story" it help to splain things....

a case where the picture was not quite worth the 1000 words. It required some of those "words" to paint a better picture.

<embed style="width:425px; height:350px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4150647508611270621#&hl=en" flashvars=""></embed>

That is pretty cool, need to shoot another day Ray, ill give you a holler and still wish Benchduck could spell BEAN instead of been , but hes above punctuation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But that's not a Dinty Moore can... therefore the test was invalid... </div></div>

LMFAO ...

hey if the beens were rotton mabe someoen shot it earlier because i am not sure but it usualy takem more than an hour for them to rott.

Also when a projectile passes through it it will enlarge the hole to a size that will allow the calibres projectile to have clearence sorry it was not shot with a 338 projectile if is it a neat fit.

Your mate must have hit it with his 223

PS i love the 408 group pics apparently you get a steel plate with hits all over it and then chose the ones you think look good. if you are trying to shoot a group on steel at any range paint it out first and only shoot that group on it dont let 10 people shoot the shit out of it and then claim groups they dont count.

Also 2 shots dont make a group at least 3 at that sort of range but 5 is better. 2 makes a pair that do not have any relevance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <embed style="width:425px; height:350px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4150647508611270621#&hl=en" flashvars=""></embed> </div></div>

Can't believe I just watched that whole thing. That was pretty funny

I could be wrong but i don't see any rifling marks on that bullet. I would guess that it was just placed there as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pockets9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could be wrong but i don't see any rifling marks on that bullet. I would guess that it was just placed there as well. </div></div>

Go back up and read Chiller's post and you will see why there is no rifling marks.

Hey Wild Bill. I posted these pictures this morning from my phone for the people who were at the shoot. All one hundred of them not for arm chair snipers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchduck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Wild Bill. I posted these pictures this morning from my phone for the people who were at the shoot. All one hundred of them not for arm chair snipers. </div></div>

MMM i see you know who i am and what i have done and do. NOT.

I think before those huge statements are made better ask people if they are armchair or not.

great video! I love Steve Martin. LMAO. Also the can shooter, grammar notwithstanding. thanks...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <embed style="width:425px; height:350px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4150647508611270621#&hl=en" flashvars=""></embed> </div></div>

oddly enough one of the best portrayal of first person 'through the scope' view ever filmed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marky Mark, eat your heart out! </div></div>

I think Marky Mark had about 1000 more yards on him....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey if the beens were rotton mabe someoen shot it earlier because i am not sure but it usualy takem more than an hour for them to rott.

Also when a projectile passes through it it will enlarge the hole to a size that will allow the calibres projectile to have clearence sorry it was not shot with a 338 projectile if is it a neat fit.

PS i love the 408 group pics apparently you get a steel plate with hits all over it and then chose the ones you think look good. if you are trying to shoot a group on steel at any range paint it out first and only shoot that group on it dont let 10 people shoot the shit out of it and then claim groups they dont count.

Also 2 shots dont make a group at least 3 at that sort of range but 5 is better. 2 makes a pair that do not have any relevance.

</div></div>

hey mate, why dont you go be a dick head somewhere else. Dont piss on the guys parade. He made a great shot but no you are here to bring him down. I bet you couldnt hit that can at 1700 yards. But clearly you are more educated on how a can expands when shot. Well, your wrong, the EXIT holes expands beyond the round, not the entrance. Who pissed in your kangaroo stew this morning?

I'm going to apoligize for my grammar. I was sending the pictures from my phone and to puncuate from my phone is a pain in the ass. As far as you basically calling a very good friend of mine a liar, it makes me feel shitty that your not in front of me for me to whoop your ass or make you whoop mine. I read 21 pages of your posts and can honestly say your the epitomy of an arm chair sniper. I got a call from a third world country last night where real operators were laughing at me for having to put up with your type of shit. I challenge anyone on here to show up at Rays and be the operator they think they are. You have a good day.

lets get to the facts they have never actualy all been placed in one spot he thinks he hit it but is unsure if anyone elso was shooting at the cans. shit mate if i placed a can out on a range and went there the same day or another day anyone else could have shot it. he may have hit it who knows. as for the armchair bit you are full of it i generaly help others out with information they have asked for or need. Now if you are going to claim sompthing like asked by a lot above What were the specs on the rifle? what optics? how many shots were fired at the can/cans to get the hit? none of this is anywhere just a can with a hole in it.

if you want to lay claim to sompthing make the facts stand out.

As for the 2 shot group? with the 408 the plate has more than 2 hits on it how many shots were fired at the plate? were there only 2 shots fired? did the shooter have sighters first then hit it twice in a row? i know that it is possible to hit a plate with that combo at that range but again there are no parameters on how it actualy was done.

If you want to put up the facts go for it or else you sound like the armchair sniper to me.

I am off to build some rifles and no cant do this from an armchair.
only have 16 rifles to build i wonder how that is.

and if you want to have a go get into everyone or just like to have a dig where someone cant come to visit.

Uhhh.... I have to add that Benchduck does NOT fall into the catagory of "armchair sniper" or internet expert otherwise. He shoots LR more than most anyone I know - and with top end equipment. However, I have heard him coin the phrase, "Every fat man wants to be a sniper". SR

Hey guys just got back in town from shooting ASC . for info goto fun shoot at Rays in Va for the explanation of what your looking at. the bullet is a fresh one i placed in the hole for photo purposes only. im going back with a shovel tommorow to try to recover the bullet to see who might of hit it. Put another shrimp on the barby mate.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pockets9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could be wrong but i don't see any rifling marks on that bullet. I would guess that it was just placed there as well. </div></div>

Go back up and read Chiller's post and you will see why there is no rifling marks. </div></div>

When you come up to my range and shoot i will do this just for you you probably need all the help you can get.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stack the bean cans up 6 cans wide and 6 cans tall and hitting one at a mile becomes less of a challenge. </div></div>

hey tucker did you attend the fun shoot i had at my place at the end of March?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <embed style="width:425px; height:350px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4150647508611270621#&hl=en" flashvars=""></embed> </div></div>

Hey there wild bill hick cock apparently you dont read so well. go to fun shoot at Rays in VA for details the fun shoot was the last weekend in March, Im sure you can look at your sundial and figure it a little closer to 5 weeks ago instead of an hour i sure hope you shoot a rifle better than you shoot off at the mouth.cheers mate, put another shrimp on the barby thats probably all your good at anyways.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey if the beens were rotton mabe someoen shot it earlier because i am not sure but it usualy takem more than an hour for them to rott.

</div></div>

gooday mate thier was everything there from a 25 caliber pellet rifle, up to 50bmg dont you remember mate oh my bad you werent there, well since you and others seem to be some prime examples of armchair experts.put another shrimp on the barby. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lets get to the facts they have never actualy all been placed in one spot he thinks he hit it but is unsure if anyone elso was shooting at the cans. shit mate if i placed a can out on a range and went there the same day or another day anyone else could have shot it. he may have hit it who knows. as for the armchair bit you are full of it i generaly help others out with information they have asked for or need. Now if you are going to claim sompthing like asked by a lot above What were the specs on the rifle? what optics? how many shots were fired at the can/cans to get the hit? none of this is anywhere just a can with a hole in it.

if you want to lay claim to sompthing make the facts stand out.

As for the 2 shot group? with the 408 the plate has more than 2 hits on it how many shots were fired at the plate? were there only 2 shots fired? did the shooter have sighters first then hit it twice in a row? i know that it is possible to hit a plate with that combo at that range but again there are no parameters on how it actualy was done.

If you want to put up the facts go for it or else you sound like the armchair sniper to me.

I am off to build some rifles and no cant do this from an armchair.
only have 16 rifles to build i wonder how that is.

and if you want to have a go get into everyone or just like to have a dig where someone cant come to visit.

</div></div>