• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

17hmr Rim-X build

BisSilent

Trailer Park Engineer
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2020
Who has any experience with 17hmr barrels? What lenght, twist is the best for long range varmint rifle?

The 17's are generally a 1:9 twist. Something with like an 18" - 20" would be ideal.

Does anyone have a 17hmr Rim-X?? Where did you get the barrel from?

Planning to add a 17HMR Vudoo at the end of this year. Figure I’ll receive it by May of 2022 when I turn 40. It should make for a great present.

Does anyone have a 17hmr Rim-X?? Where did you get the barrel from?
Check with @orkan he had some TS Custom Rim-X builds done in .17 HMR....scroll down to Post #22

Planning to add a 17HMR Vudoo at the end of this year. Figure I’ll receive it by May of 2022 when I turn 40. It should make for a great present.
I was thinking about it as well but they don’t offer the 3/60 action or a 22” barrel in .17 HMR so I may go with a Rim-X to at least get something longer than a 20” barrel

Check with @orkan he had some TS Custom Rim-X builds done in .17 HMR....scroll down to Post #22

Thanks for the tag. We have a complete rifle as well as a barreled action in .17HMR in stock.

Lilja and Shilen both offer 17 blanks.
Cutting the chamber can be iffy.
Too tight a diameter can cause problems due to variations in brass dimensions
as the cartridges are assembled at CCI and Winchester.
Neither are set up with the quality control to produce match grade ammo.
There is some slop in the tolerances from both cartridge manufacturers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag. We have a complete rifle as well as a barreled action in .17HMR in stock.
I already have the Rim-X Action...looking for just a prefit barrel?