• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition 180 gr berger hybrids?

Distance shooter

Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
California
I have just started gathering parts for a 284 or 284 shehane build and I have a bartlein 7mm barrel,1:8.5 twist and I was wandering if anyone has any experience with the Berger 180 gr. hybrids for use in a 284 win or 284 shehane and if so, how did they work for you. Thank you in advance for any input. I used the search engine, but did not find much on these bullets with the 284 shehane.

DS

Re: 180 gr berger hybrids?

Love em'

180.jpg

I set a F-Class National Record at 1k yards with them at this past years Nats in Lodi.

They are the real deal.

Love em hate em. I love the BC and their accuracy. I hate the fact I can't make them work in a ballistic computer. I have shoot a lot of Berger's and never had this problem until the 180 hybrid. I can get actual drops at 100. 300, 500, 700, 1000 yards and can't make a ballistic program to agree without putting in false velocities and BC's, and I can't figure this one out.

Why is the BC calulator thingy an issue? You must be shooting unknown distances maybe? Or some sort of first shot must hit comp? The only use I have for those BC things is to get a ballpark so I am at least in the black on the first shot. Once on paper, its easy from there. I actually never thought the calculator things were super accurate anyhow...too many variables.

I bought 2500 on faith to shoot out of my new .284 F-Open gun. Has exceeded my expectations. Easy to find a load, very accurate and great vertical at 1000, my scores are higher than ever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GrantB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love em hate em. I love the BC and their accuracy. I hate the fact I can't make them work in a ballistic computer. I have shoot a lot of Berger's and never had this problem until the 180 hybrid. I can get actual drops at 100. 300, 500, 700, 1000 yards and can't make a ballistic program to agree without putting in false velocities and BC's, and I can't figure this one out. </div></div>

Are you SURE you're scope is tracking correctly???

I had the exact same issue last year (308 175smk), and it ended up being mt Schmidt/Bender PM-II was skipping 2moa somewhere between 8moa up and 15moa up. It would do it consistently, so as long as I put it on paper at varioys ranges, I had good dope, but NO calculator would make it all jive.

I finally tested it, from zerostop to 66moa up (full range) at 50 yards, and found my POI didn't agree with my dial. Sent to SB, fixed. Life is much easier now.