• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1877 shiloh sharps 45-90

craigos

craigos from Scout 2015
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    PNW
    Got her today after 4.5 years wait time ...

IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

I have a Shiloh long range Express in 45/90 . They are a real fun rifle super well made . Enjoy your classic .

I have a 30" Shiloh Sharps in 45/70 i picked up second hand, i used to take a bison a couple years ago. Got into LR blackpowder cartridge silhouette. hence why i ordered.

yep, supposedly this is the in the first few made so they are just starting to roll out. Now i got to get my BP reloading gear out - its been a while.

Start with casting those big 535 (or bigger) pills.

I've got a C Sharps '74 45-70 that eats up all the lead I can get my hands on to cast with 535 money bullets, and last yr I picked up a Parker-Hale '61 pattern short rifle (musketoon) that shoots minie's. More casting.

Yeah, i got 550 for the 45-90, 535 in the 45-70.

Going duck hunting this weekend, so the following will take it and my 1874 out ...

I have a Shiloh long range express that I used to shoot BPCR with. Honestly the most fun Ive had in competition. I picked up a .22lr liner barrel for it and plan to shoot some local 22 matches.

I have a Shiloh long range express that I used to shoot BPCR with. Honestly the most fun Ive had in competition. I picked up a .22lr liner barrel for it and plan to shoot some local 22 matches.

I too just picked up a 22 liner from Shiloh so my son can shoot it and the 1874. whiskeysierra762 - can you only shoot 22lr through the liner, not 22 magnum?

I was in the Shiloh shop on Wed morning. They’re quoting 18mos delivery right now.

I was in the Shiloh shop on Wed morning. They’re quoting 18mos delivery right now.

hahaha - yeah they quoted me that in April 2014. The 1877 is way behind that ... folks who put down their deposit in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 are still waiting. I think the 1874 is 18 months.. the 1877 is likely double that (3 years+).

Ahh...you're probably right. I wasn't talking to them about the 1877 specifically.

Also walked down the street to C. Sharps and toured their place. They're quoting 6-8mos. Don't know if 1877's take longer than 1874's there or not. They had a couple of 1877's available on the shelf.

i think they take the same time, just with Kirk and his wifes plane accident they are ~ 2 .5 years behind with the 1877

I havent, I got into BPCR before i got married and had kids, but got out of it due to unavail of time -- but now i have the 1874 and this one, and my son is showing interest will get back into it.

Reactions: sandwarrior
    loaded up some 535 gr loads of 1.5f swiss. I use a dropper (Made for reloading BP) based on volume not weight - i guess i should weight it one day but i have never had the need. Jamming the bullets 0,005" into the lands. Will shoot Sunday. Excited.

Reactions: stwcattle
    Awesome gun! I was thinking of ordering one in the near future. I wonder if they’ll roll out faster now that they’ve been officially released? I’d bet Bill Goodman could have one pretty quickly as well. The 74’s I’ve purchased from him have arrived within 6 months.

Awesome gun! I was thinking of ordering one in the near future. I wonder if they’ll roll out faster now that they’ve been officially released? I’d bet Bill Goodman could have one pretty quickly as well. The 74’s I’ve purchased from him have arrived within 6 months.

I ordered this gun through Bill, he said it was the third one he had seen

I really liked dealing with him. Looks
    like he’s got one in stock, and two more orders in the pipeline. Tempting.....

yes, definitely the way to buy a Shiloh to avoid 18 month wait time. He can get a 1874 in 6 months

Beautiful rifle. I have a Sharps 1874 that has become an obsession.
    When you have a chance, give us a range report.

I bought a used 1874 Pedersoli 47/70 Rifle about 20 years ago.
    Took a ‘few’ years to get decent sights.
    A aperture front sight with a bubble and an MVA Buffalo Soule sight with a Hadley Magnum eyepiece for the tang.
    This set up allows me to shoot beyond 1000 yards.
    On occasion when the wind, mirage, and light conditions are figured out you get a hit.
    The challenge is remembering how so you can do that again!?

Attachments

• 843D1F23-3317-43C1-9676-49311206F787.jpeg
      843D1F23-3317-43C1-9676-49311206F787.jpeg
      1.3 MB · Views: 58
    Reactions: sandwarrior
    Just stumbled on this post. BPCR is a real shooting game and of all the rifles types I’ve shot is the most challenging to get to work but the most pleasing when it does.

my trio, Axtell 77 in 45 - 70, Shiloh 74 in 40-65 with DZ arms tube and Shiloh 74 in 45-90 with MV full length tube.

All shot with cat bullets and BP, trying paper patch in the 40 and 45-90

1861E104-FB9C-4ECE-9237-BDE6BBB9A37F.jpeg

I nearly bought the Axtell until i found out about the Shiloh. Very nice ... yes getting the sweet load has more variables in BPCR - compression, powder load, wads , neck tension etc ...

This thread is really making me miss shooting BPCR. I haven't had my sharps out of the safe in 7 years now, I really need to find some matches soon.

Trying a new bullet in my 45-90. Two diameter (bore & groove) when paper patched in front of 87 grains Swiss 11/2 black powder.
    IMG_20181201_055608747[136474].jpg

My black powder collection

IMG_0042.JPG

Shiloh Sharps LRE 45-70
    DZ Arms Hepburn 45-90
    Cody Ballard #7 45-110
    Cody Ballard #41/2 40-65

Trying a new bullet in my 45-90. Two diameter (bore & groove) when paper patched in front of 87 grains Swiss 11/2 black powder.
    View attachment 6978794

My black powder collection

View attachment 6978795
    Shiloh Sharps LRE 45-70
    DZ Arms Hepburn 45-90
    Cody Ballard #7 45-110
    Cody Ballard #41/2 40-65

Gorgeous - those Cody Ballards look lovely. I paper patch wrap and load myself !! How heavy a bullet?

Reactions: SmileMaker
    Recently had a close friend pass. I'm helping his widow sell off his gun collection. In it are two Shiloh Sharps. Any recommendations on where I should advertise the rifles? I'm very familiar with popular places to list modern firearms, but I'm not sure about these.
    Gunbroker with a long auction time. Also, don't sell them over Christmas or New Years. People don't watch it as close over the holidays.

Recently had a close friend pass. I'm helping his widow sell off his gun collection. In it are two Shiloh Sharps. Any recommendations on where I should advertise the rifles? I'm very familiar with popular places to list modern firearms, but I'm not sure about these.

PM me, i can connect you with many people in those communities. decent people who wont rip you off. i would be happy to give you my opinion of value and assist - am a long term board member. PM me if i can help you

If either of them is a .50 - 2 1/2" I might be interested....

:cry: always wanted one "darn quigley down under, and old western movies " its a beautiful piece.. One day