• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 189 Cauterucio 7mm projectiles

toddconley

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Kentucky
Probably shouldn't be doing this b/c it will just make them harder to get but, here goes. I just had a 280 ai built up. Shot good with 162 amaxes but good was it. 1/2 moa range. Kept messing with it and got it down a little but not much less than the 1/2 moa. Had a box of 189 Cauterucio's on my shelve and thought I would just give a try. Holy shit. Not sure what happened but it went to cloverleafing every group. Tight little clover leafs. More like cutting one ragged hole. Did not change the oal from 162s to 189s. 3 shots 5 shots 10 shots whatever you want. This is a Rock 8.5 twist by the way. 55 gr of rl 22 will send them to 2850 from my 28 in tube. Seems to be a mild load still but I dont dare touch it. The bc is calculating at 8 in Ky @ 750 ft. If you have a fast twist tube you might want to call Bob. Shot a 1 1/2 group last night on steel at 550 yds. Thanks Bob and Thanks Harold Fred for the metal work.

Ok the excitement is over the bullets are not an 8 . Bob told me they would be around an 8 but they are really closer to 7. Still shooting like a house a fire.

Re: 189 Cauterucio 7mm projectiles

Joe, get me a box if you order

482 COMERWOOD CT
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080
USA
Phone: (650)583-1550
Jackets offered
Bullet diameters:
224 264 284 308
Specializing in benchrest

When you call Bob, do so after 3:00pm PACIFIC Time. Used to be he didn't answer the phone until then. He works at home, in teh basement, so don't panic if his wife answers the phone. they are both good people.

JeffVN

He does make 30 cal bullets. Not sure what the weight is. They will shoot lights out if you got the correct twist. They are all hand made. They shoor great. They would have to be awfully low in the bc department for me not to shoot them in my rig. They must just be made really consistant.