• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

19 MOA elevation adjustment for Vortex 1-10

JeffNC

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2021
New Hampshire, USA
I put a Vortex 1-10 on a 5.56 AR with an 18” barrel. It sits on a JP extended mount. I verified the mount is level with the base and optic sits level with that. When sighting in, it required coming up 19 MOA. Any thoughts on if the scope itself might be defective, potentially adjusted way low from the factory, or? The only other thought I have is I did add a silent capture spring that may or may not be a bit too light on the spring size. The rifle cycled with zero issues and did not feel like the bolt carrier was hitting back too far. I’ll likely try the original buffer/spring next outing just to confirm, but figured I would seek some advice here on this in the mean time.

The scope has 120 MOA of total elevation adjustment. Needing to come up 19 isn’t a big deal. And, the recoil spring should not materially affect your zero.

Reactions: Evintos