• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

19 students killed in Guyana dorm fire deliberately set by another student who had threatened to 'kill everyone' over a confiscated cell phone

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • Mahdia, Guyana May 23, 2023

A 14 year old student at an all-girls boarding school in Mahdia, Guyana doused a hallway with accelerent and set the building ablaze in the middle of the night as students slept. Nineteen people were killed as the fire gutted the building, including the 5 year old son of the dorm mother. Earlier, the dorm mother had confiscated the teen's cell phone when an illicit sexual relationship between the girl and a much older man had been discovered, prompting her to issue a threat that she would 'kill everyone here' if the phone was not returned. Bodies, most of the victims burned beyond recognition, are still being retrieved from the rubble of the dorm building as authorities contemplate what to charge the 14 year old mass murderer with.

Last edited:
    What do teens at boarding school need a cell phone for?
    1st person accnt:
    My teen goes to boarding school.​
    His cell phone (and all the other kids' phones) is "confiscated" as soon as he arrives at school and returned when he travels home.​
    He's got access to a shared wireline to call home.​
    They learn that they've got too much other stuff to get done, so the phone would just get in the way.​
    Builds good character: Turn off the TV.​
    That's been policy since day one.​
    They get used to it quickly.​

Look up necklacing. Setting someone on fire, but worse

I remember it from research on my Africa "deep dive". I think it would be better to use about 10 bicycle tires. Got to have enough to get the job done, not sure that would do it.....if it did not, oh well try again a little later after they heal up.

Reactions: Bender
    What in the fuck is wrong with someone that they can think killing people is an appropriate response for a phone being taken?
    Compare the teenage girls who carjacked a guy with a taser, sped off, flipped and crashed the car, and managed to survive but the guy was killed.

All one of the little brats cared about after getting helped from the crash was "My PHONE is in there!"

From working in South Korea i have said it many times if you want to invade and take over the country all you would have to do is take out all of the cell towers, the anarchy and pandemonium would do most of the work for you.
    Have seen Koreans on multiple occasions crash into the side of parked cars while ridding a bicycle and playing on a cell phone.

Reactions: Bender
    They also need to press charges against the woman who locked them all in the death trap and then when the fire broke out "was too panicked" to find the right key apparently, but was apparently just fine getting herself out of the burning building & leaving the students to burn to death.

She needs SERIOUS consequences done to her as well.

They also need to press charges against the woman who locked them all in the death trap and then when the fire broke out "was too panicked" to find the right key apparently, but was apparently just fine getting herself out of the burning building & leaving the students to burn to death.

She needs SERIOUS consequences done to her as well.
    That’s racist. Bigot.

• Haha
    Reactions: Doc68 and XLR308
    From working in South Korea i have said it many times if you want to invade and take over the country all you would have to do is take out all of the cell towers, the anarchy and pandemonium would do most of the work for you.
    Have seen Koreans on multiple occasions crash into the side of parked cars while ridding a bicycle and playing on a cell phone.
    Why do you think they gave the Senate Sat phones?

Compare the teenage girls who carjacked a guy with a taser, sped off, flipped and crashed the car, and managed to survive but the guy was killed.

All one of the little brats cared about after getting helped from the crash was "My PHONE is in there!"
    I remember those two scumbags.

• Angry
    Reactions: XLR308