• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1903A3 safety question

Nortex

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
Texas
I have a 1903A3 that was rebarreled and stock in a new stock a good while ago, it's an outstanding bench rifle and I love everything but the safety. Have any of you guys used the kit from Brownells that turns it into a side sweep 2 position saftey. If so how did it work and look?

Re: 1903A3 safety question

Didn't use the Brownells kit to reposition the original safety but put a Timney trigger in it with safety and left the original safety alone and in fire position. Works great and the Timney trigger is a tremendous improvement over the original 03A3 trigger assembly. Had the bolt handle cut and rewelded to clear the scope as well.

Didn't have to machine the bolt shroud but had to slightly inlet the wood stock to clear the Timney safety.

Re: 1903A3 safety question

I've never removed the stock to see if my trigger is factory (don't believe it is) since it's a little south of 2lbs and the bolt's already been bent. The rifle was my grandfathers I'm pretty sure it was built around the 1950's since the dies that came with the rifle are labeled 22VAR instead of .22-250