• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1903A3 sights

105amatt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2010
Asleep in KS
Just wondering what bullet weight and velocity the peep sight on a 1903A3 is calibrated for.

Thanks
Matt

Re: 1903A3 sights

M2 ball or 150 grn bullets at 2700 fps.

But like the Garand you'll find its pretty close to any military '06 ammo.

Not a lot of difference between the M2 ball and the M-72 match.

Thanks guys, gonna load up some ammo for mine and want to try and get close to what the sight notches are marked for.

A heads up there are a couple different front sight posts. I think there werevl 3. if your high or low u might need to change your post for your initial zero. Just a thought, it might help.... Have fun enjoy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2clicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A heads up there are a couple different front sight posts. I think there werevl 3. if your high or low u might need to change your post for your initial zero. Just a thought, it might help.... Have fun enjoy. </div></div>

Actually it seems there are 5 heights. My 03-a3 has an "A" stamped on it. The info below was taken off of the CMP forum.

Keith

Each letter change is worth about 2MOA @ 100yds. Higher the letter, shorter the sight.

A = 0.537
B = 0.522
C = 0.507
D = 0.492
E = 0.477

Nice KS thanks for clearing that up! when I first got my cmp 03a3 my sights were off. I happened to run across a fellow in Elyria Ohio. He had Plano boxes full of 03A3 sights and parts wish I had his contact info. The front sight posts ran $8 about 10 years ago.

Not only are there different heights but there are several guys making different thicknesses. They are CMP match legal. I plan to get a .074 front blade for mine. I see it WAY better than the skinny original blade.

Keith