• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1903a4 vintage sniper rifle (gibbs)

arborpro

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2008
New York (upstate)
The Camillus rifle league which I’m a member has recently been hosting cmp vintage rifle matches surprisingly the number of people that have these rifles and participate are on the rise. Which is pretty cool? I’m thinking of setting aside my diehard ways and trying it myself. They shoot at 300 and 600 yards and I believe this type of match is already filled at the nationals at Perry also. Has anyone here had any experience with the Gibbs replica at aimsurplus.com. Or have shot in any matches at full range, our club is only 300yards. This link shows the rifle to be very accurate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcc99z8PPQw

arborpro

Re: 1903a4 vintage sniper rifle (gibbs)

I've got no experience with the replica rifles but love my real M1903A4 rifle.

Do your home work on these. I've not heard must positive about the replica scopes. The rifles seem to me OK from what I can tell.

The Gibbs rifle is accurate. Don't seem to have a problem with the repro scope on my shooting partners rifle.

However, it is only 2.5 power. It sure would be nice to have the 8x from the 1941a1 rifle.

The early Gibbs rifles had shoddy glass on them. I hear the current ones have repro scopes made by hi-lux and are much better optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macktheweldor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're doing this in NY?? Where? I've got a K98 sniper and would love to shoot the match.
Thanks, Kevin </div></div>

I'll find out when the next cmp vintage match is and post it. the clubs shoots NRA highpower Mon and Friday nights. the club is located just outside Syracuse NY

arborpro

The dates for matches at the club have been submitted and finalized for the remainder of the year. Any new match dates will be negotiated on next year’s schedule. Sorry vintage match dates are over for 2012.

Arborpro