• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1911 add on rail

biner626

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2010
Goodlettsville,TN
Has anyone here used the SureFire MR07 add on rail? I find myself wanting a weapon mounted light for bumps in the night and for now I'm stuck with the 1911(planning for a G17-19 soon). I'm considering the TLR-1 for a light source frankly because all the other lights seem too darn bright. Anyone see any cons with this setup?

Last edited:
If you don't have a railed 1911 its a solid option. I have one on my Springfield paired up with my X200. Ive shot with it on the pistol and it doesn't move at all. Also it is made of aluminum so its not too much weight out on the front of the pistol. I have had it on and off the pistol numerous times with no discernible marring of the pistols finish(not that I really care if it did)

Here it is prior to its custom work.

I'm a little concerned with the slide release. Anything hinky with yours?

Nope. No issues at all, locks the slide back with no issues with all my magazines. And functions smoothly when you need to drop the slide. It is a tad tight and can be a booger to get out if I ever take off the mount. Another down side is you are gonna be limited with any holsters you choose, the mount with light doesn't work with any holsters I know of. If you know someone that does kydex I'd imagine you could get something made up.

I used to own the MR07 for my Springfield years ago and my experiences closely parallel AlabamaShooter's. It was a solid piece of gear but I ended up selling it primarily because of the lack of holster options at the time and I hated taking it on and off when I wanted to holster. I'd say that's pretty much a non-issue now since there are a ton of people that'll make custom Kydex holsters.

Nope. No issues at all, locks the slide back with no issues with all my magazines. And functions smoothly when you need to drop the slide. It is a tad tight and can be a booger to get out if I ever take off the mount. Another down side is you are gonna be limited with any holsters you choose, the mount with light doesn't work with any holsters I know of. If you know someone that does kydex I'd imagine you could get something made up.
Got the Kydex issue covered. Thanks guys.
8uqevydu.jpg