• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 1911 barrels threaded for can

Re: 1911 barrels threaded for can

Call Mark at Polite Society Inc, they are a SOT and deal with a lot of 1911's and cans.

Give Irv at Bar Sto Precision a call.He makes barrels for several suppressor manufacturers.

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=GV&cco=24

Here's a photo of one of their ramped .45 barrels,threaded with thread protector.

barstothreaded1911.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice 1911, how does it feel with the can? </div></div>

I like the way it feels/balances with the can. The KAC is heavier than most. I actually like shooting it better on the 1911 than the HK. I am just a sucker for a nice trigger on the 1911.
smile.gif

I just start looking for grips. I have a couple of 1911s that I'am also going to put cans on. Are those the laser grips?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brad b</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice 1911, how does it feel with the can? </div></div>

I like the way it feels/balances with the can. The KAC is heavier than most. I actually like shooting it better on the 1911 than the HK. I am just a sucker for a nice trigger on the 1911.
smile.gif
</div></div>

thanks, wish you were in Texas, I'd love to give it a go before i make the leap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is a good place to get a threaded barrel for can on a 1911? 45acp</div></div>

Storm Lake will thread one to your specifications.

I check out their site. Looks like they have very good barrels. I will get in contact with them. Thanks bsp212

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just start looking for grips. I have a couple of 1911s that I'am also going to put cans on. Are those the laser grips? </div></div>

Yes, they are the CT laser grips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give Irv at Bar Sto Precision a call.He makes barrels for several suppressor manufacturers.

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=GV&cco=24

Here's a photo of one of their ramped .45 barrels,threaded with thread protector.

barstothreaded1911.jpg
</div></div>

I'm curious, do they include a different barrel bushing? (Like pictured.) Maybe one that's a bit more tapered so that it can fit a fatter barrel on the end? I've heard that with the thinness of a 1911 barrel, that sometimes the threaded end can bust off with all that suppressor weight on it. (Thin metal plus extra weight, heat and pressure giving way at the weakest point, the shoulder of the barrel thread.)

Salmonaxe,
I don't know if it's a different bushing, I pretty sure it's the same. Give Irv a call at 760-367-2747, he'll answer any questions you have.

Here's another view of the threaded barrel.

barstothreaded19112.jpg

I ordered a couple of barrels from Storm Lake. After starting to look for barrels. There are a few places that make barrels. Storm Lake seem to have them in stock. I look for one for my 1911 Springfield Operator but so far no one makes a barrel for that 1911. I might try Jarvis.