• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 1911 sight (novak) question

jasonZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2008
independence, kansas 67301
So I bought a Sig 1911 and now would like to put night sights on it. I called Sig and may just buy a set from them. They said the sights are Novak cut. My question is are there multiple types of Novak cuts? I mean different angles or anything like that? I just don't want to go thinking Novak cut is Novak cut, if you know what I mean. I can get a set from Sig for $92.00, but at the moment they are out of the front sight. I may just wait and order theirs, but thought I might want the knowledge for later as well.
Gun info is a Sig Tac Pac 1911, which is essentially just the Nitrolon 1911 that comes with mags, holster, little laser thingy, etc.
Thanks, Jason

Re: 1911 sight (novak) question

Supposed to be one Novak size as far as I know. I can tell you this, alot of sight companies use the Novak cut as the standard. And also I would like to pitch Richard Heinie sights. They are top quality machined from bar stock, NOT in<span style="font-weight: bold">junk</span>tion molded crap!

lo%20mount%20rear.jpg

Re: 1911 sight (novak) question

Thanks for the info Mike. I registered my pistol for warranty purposes and got a code from sig for 20%off so that would make their night sights alittle less than $75.00! Don't think I can find that anywhere else and they should push right in I would think.