• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

kcbird

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2009
TX
I purchased a Springfield MC Operator in 08. The nights sights have become pretty dim and need to be replaced. I emailed SA about the size this is what they sent me
"This uses Novak Style sights. The cuts measure at .330 x 60 for the front and .495 x 65 for the rear."
Can anyone recommend a good tritium sight that will fit and not have to be sent to a smith for installation.

I like Heine straight 8's. Anybody making tritium sights will have what you need for your dovetail. You'll need a pusher to do it right and not mar up your stuff. Good investment so you can tune your own fixed sights anyway.

Reactions: RTH1800
It's really not that important that I be able to do it myself. I live out in the sticks and would have to ship the slide to have them installed.

I find a 1 sided 65 degree triangle file and a 60 degree of the same and as mentioned a sight pusher to be everything you need.

Watch out for pesky set screws...it gets ugly when using a sight pusher and it does have enough force to drag it through the steel on the slide......go on ask me how I know. I ended up milling my self a new slide profile to fix that endeavor.