• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1911 Work done by MR Chuck Warner

smgrendel

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
WY
A few months ago I bought a Colt 1911 Rail gun, after getting it home and having some time to work with it I was very dissatisfied with the fit of most of the small parts on the weapon. There was a large amount of play in the grip safety, and the trigger was very sloppy as well.

I’ve used several of the rifle smiths here on the hide before and had great experiences with them. This was going to be my first time having work done on a 1911 so I went to the 1911 forum

After a post on 1911 forum I came in contact with MR Chuck Warner. From the very beginning he was more than helpful and insightful. He kept me informed through the entire process.

When a problem came up with the coating I requested, MR Warner Called right away and offered me a better option at no additional charge.

What I requested MR Warner do to the 1911 is,
25 LPI fronstrap with high grip mod to Colts cut
25 LPI blended and matched S&A magwell.
Wilson Bulletproof Beavertail
Wilson Bulletproof Ambi-safety
30 lpi checkering bottom of triggergaurd
Heinie Night sights
Wilson ultralight trigger
Black Nitride

MR Warner knew I was a service member and on a time frame. Because of this MR Warner at no charge to me added a Trigger job, Throat polish and barrel recrown. He also did a complete de burr of all sharp edges on the weapon.

To me this speaks volumes about the kind of person MR Warner is.

The work he did on this weapon far surpasses anything that I expected. It has gone from a 1911 I regretted purchasing to one ill pick up before any of the others I own.

As soon as it came in today I went out in the back yard and put 50 flawless rounds through it and tomorrow will give it a full work out.

I cant thank MR Warner enough for everything he did and the work he put into this weapon. Anyone needing anything done with a 1911 I would highly recommend MR Chuck Warner, He is a amazing craftsman, best smith I have dealt with and a great person as well.

Coltrailgun009.jpg

Coltrailgun002.jpg

Coltrailgun011.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

Re: 1911 Work done by MR Chuck Warner

Beautiful 1911! I'm glad to hear there are smiths out there treating people the right way. I'll put MR Chuck Warner on my list for 1911 smiths.

I love those grips. Are they factory ?

Definitely looks like a keeper! The grip panels add CLASS!

looks great i can't wait to get my rail gun back. this doesn't help
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks great i can't wait to get my rail gun back. this doesn't help
wink.gif
</div></div>

You at least have the Rail Gun. I'm buying mine in a week or so.

That's pretty much EXACTLY what I want done to mine when I get it. Nice pistol, Grendel.

yeah but waiting on custom guns has to be the hardest thing EVER!!! especially when both your 1911's are at the smith.
frown.gif

Thanks guys! It shoots amazing.

Joe if you have two at a Smith i think that means you just need to go buy one to have at home for now.

I got mine.

IMG_20110728_190858.jpg

IMG_20110728_191037.jpg

Cell phone pics.