• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1917 Eddystone Enfield

NoahbodyImportant

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2011
NE Ohio
Hello

My father has a barreled receiver in top notch condition. Barrel looks great. All it needs is the stock set.

Could this be a viable shooter at 200 yards, or longer?

Re: 1917 Eddystone Enfield

The 1917 is a Rifle renowned for it's accuracy and has won a lot of vintage matches at Camp Perry so the answer is, yes... in capable hands it's more than accurate enough for 200yds and beyond.

What ^he^ said! More than capable at that range and FAR beyond.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HANDYMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 1917 is a Rifle renowned for it's accuracy and has won a lot of vintage matches at Camp Perry
</div></div>

Really? Which ones and what years?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoahbodyImportant</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to hear!

Now to find a nice stock without breaking the bank. </div></div>
Original stocks are getting hard to come by. The M1917 was very popular for sporter projects. As a result, most of their stocks were destroyed/discarded in the process. There are also a lot of people looking at restoring them, as you are. So, when they do pop up for sale, they can be a little pricey.

I shoot my 1917 at 600 and 1000 yds withoutbany problems

su001.jpg

got a real nice 1917 stock set from numrich a couple years back, took some cleaning to get it lookin good. dunno what they have left now though. 1917s on top. recently found p14 w volleys etc on bottom.

Finally got one a few years back for a different reason.

Somewhere I have a pic of my Grandfather shooting one at a range the day before my Dad was borne, so the family story goes and even though mine isn't that rifle I still go shooting with him when I take the '17 out.

Remington 8-18
DSCF1202.jpg

DSCF1201.jpg

Best $300.00 I ever spent on shooting gear.

Thank you for the replies.

I have thought about going the Boyds stock route.

Lets see some more pictures!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HANDYMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 1917 is a Rifle renowned for it's accuracy and has won a lot of vintage matches at Camp Perry
</div></div>

Really? Which ones and what years? </div></div>

how about this one. http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/report_eventAward.cgi?matchID=7982&eventID=14&awardID=1