• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1943 BNZ K98 and 1938 Mosin-Nagant

bamarebel45

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
Kinston, Alabama
The mauser was sporterized and the original stock was reshaped and the forend was shortend. Then just recently I deided to do some experimenting with the stock since the wood was kind of beat up (and I dislike wood stocks anyway). But I sanded the entire stock down, laid a coat of primer on it and painted it black. I also coated the barrel and reciever and it came out very good imo. Then I deided to go old school with it and put a Weatherby Imperial 4X81 scope I had on it. I works well suprisingly. The Mosin is more of a bush rifle. I started with an 1938 M 91/30 and ut the barrel down to about 18''. I cut the stock forend down also and rounded it off. I left the steel butt plate on it lol. I sanded the entire stock and to the barrel and reciever down to bare metal and layed a blak base coat on both. Then finished it of with green tiger striping. I have a small 30mm bsa red dot on it right now but will end up putting some type of extended eye relief scope on it soon.
IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg