• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 1943 Mosin-Nagant M91/30 Izhevsk

nsnutter

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2009
My '43 Izhevsk m91/30 with bayonet attached ... would be a bad sight to see in the Russian Revolution eh?

Re: 1943 Mosin-Nagant M91/30 Izhevsk

When I logged on this am I saw you and had to Bob and Weave!

Didn’t your momma teach you not to point hose things at people:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the fixed bayonet make it shoot better? </div></div>Quite honestly, I'm still trying to determine that, being that the open sights were factory sighted to the old military ball (147 gr) ammunition and I'm shooting 203 gr. rounds, it shoots a little different ... with or without the bayonet though it seems to shoot quite well, once you figure out how the weapon reacts to the ammunition and adjust your aim point accordingly, it places the shots quite nicely!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are those handloads or factory ammo?

Scott </div></div>Those beauties are hand polished Barnaul Silver Bear 203 gr. sp from mother Russia. Nice and slippery, and boy do they ever chamber nicely
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look! A Chinaman in a camo hat! </div></div>haha Chinaman, naw man I just spend a lot of time out at the range or on the river fishing, I'm just 'bronzed' haha ... and Norwegian/German lol

hahaha he meant your slant eyes,haha thats funny, nice range, wide open

Gotta love the 'nagants. Cheap, reliable and, depending on the gun, surprisingly accurate.

They're fun to handload for too
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nsnutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are those handloads or factory ammo?

Scott </div></div>Those beauties are hand polished Barnaul Silver Bear 203 gr. sp from mother Russia. Nice and slippery, and boy do they ever chamber nicely
smile.gif
</div></div>

Awesome! I use the steel case Brown Bear 203gr. How do you polish them?

Ever shoot Wolf Extra match? It's Prvi-made. 200 grain at 2590. Pierced more than a few primers, but boy is that stuff accurate!

Where did you guys order the ammo from? I've got a couple of those and wouldn't mind having some decent rounds.

Thanks,

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did you guys order the ammo from? I've got a couple of those and wouldn't mind having some decent rounds.

Thanks,

-Pat </div></div>

Sportsmans Guide

I'm sure there are other places that sell it too. It's pretty common ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nsnutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are those handloads or factory ammo?

smile.gif
</div></div>

Awesome! I use the steel case Brown Bear 203gr. How do you polish them?

Ever shoot Wolf Extra match? It's Prvi-made. 200 grain at 2590. Pierced more than a few primers, but boy is that stuff accurate! </div></div>I also frequently use the Brown Bear, as well as Wolf 200gr ... never tried the extra match, but I hear it's great stuff! To polish the rounds, I start with an incredibly fine grit wetsand paper and wetsand it very very slightly, then use aluminum polish (for the silver bear) and polish the crap out of the round ... it removes the lacquer and any imperfections, while not actually removing any significant surface material ... geve it a try sometime!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did you guys order the ammo from? I've got a couple of those and wouldn't mind having some decent rounds.

Thanks,

-Pat </div></div>Honestly, I generally just pick mine up from my local gun shop, or from Gander Mt (a sporting goods store here up North) ... but you can find it all over the internet, both in bulk military ball, or the newer manufactured stuff which will generally run a bit more but is usually not corrosive

How prone is the 203gr to spin drift?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How prone is the 203gr to spin drift? </div></div>

91/30-----> 1.6moa at 1K
M44-------> 1.1

Only without the knifes hanging to the front.
whistle.gif

Gald I got both of mine when they an their ammo were cheap. The 91/30 was $69.99 an the M44 was $89.99
The 44 was unissued an the 91 was a Russian refurb with a new barrel. Everyone knew I was out of it when I loaded up on much of that old ball for 4.5 cents a round. The Russians made alot of specitaly ammo for it as well, an one round goes bang twice.

If you remove the bolts an polish the cam an chamber areas it will be worth your time. A 700 Remington it ain't, but shooting the longest living military round ever is alot of fun. They have racked up their share of targets, along the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How prone is the 203gr to spin drift? </div></div>
If you remove the bolts an polish the cam an chamber areas it will be worth your time. A 700 Remington it ain't, but shooting the longest living military round ever is alot of fun. They have racked up their share of targets, along the way. </div></div>Well said! Indeed a lot of fun, especially when you take new shooters out and see the respect they give it after pulling the trigger once
smile.gif
She definitely has more snort than most are used to!