• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 1lb jar of Devcon?

Re: 1lb jar of Devcon?

It would be hard to say because of all the variables. I always mix up too much and have some left over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be hard to say because of all the variables. I always mix up too much and have some left over. </div></div>

Thanks Rad...you think two at the most?

Easily, two at least. More as you get better at mixing the correct amount.

Thanks guys, I figured there were some variables with what all would be bedded.

I'm not sure how many you can do with a pound. I do know that mine always go dry at 11:00pm on a Saturday night. Where's the Devcon Pimp when I need him?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm curious how many bed jobs will a 1lb jar do?

</div></div>

I found that about 50 grams of the Devcon and 5.5 grams hardener will bed a receiver/lug. This is after making room in the receiver lug area of the stock for a solid bed.

About 454 grams = 1 pound

I have only done three bedding jobs, and found that I could do it with 25 grams of Devcon, plus the hardener. If I dremeled out the stock more, I would need twice the amount.

After only three bedding jobs, I am still a beginner, though.

With flat bottom receivers like Mausers, Win M70s, Mosin Nagants, and Howas I use a lot less bedding than round bottom receivers like Rem700s and Sav 110s.

I learned this long ago....don't skimp on compound.....or when you dig it out to do it right the second time you will mix too much.