• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st "custom build 260 rem

ftchmup

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2008
Kenosha, WI
Have not even shot it yet. hope to go Monday. I am torn on a "paint job" Dura-Coat.

Stiller predator action, Brux heavy palma 1-8.5 260 24" threaded 5/8-24. Badger bottom metal, Mcmillan m70 stock, NF 5.5-22

Re: 1st "custom build 260 rem

I just received my 1st 260 Remington also. It is a very light hunting rifle with Stiller Action, Benchrest BBL, McMilland Edge stock & Timney trigger. Weighs 6.5lbs, This will be my first experiment with this cartridge. I look forward to hearing how you like yours.

Yea, another problem I have, LH. I started getting the parts together 6 mos ago. The guys at Brux put it together and now I have to wack some thing with it. Leave it, or "paint it"? What do you guys think???

im always confused why i dont see more of the marksman stocks, looks great.
accuracy potential is a given.

How do you like the balance of the heavy palma? Im staring at the order for by smith and have to decide between a medium or the heavy palma from Brux.

The rifle is very sharp the way it is!

Your stock is very nice and I wouldn't cover up the molded in colors on that. To match the color scheme of the stock on the barrel paint job would be almost impossible. If you're going to "paint" it, I would go with an all black finish on the barrel and action.

Best finish I know of is the Walter Birdsong Black-T finish. The only drawback is the 6 month turn around time. Outside of that, find an expert to put a duracoat type finish on that will stand by the durability of that finish.

Jense Precision does EXCELLENT work.

Jense_Karbon_Koat_1-600x450.jpg

Jense_Karbon_Koat_3-600x450.jpg

Jense_Karbon_Koat_2-600x450.jpg

http://jenseprecision.com/karbon-kote.html

Again, you have a VERY NICE rifle!

ftchump,

I hope you have as good of an experience with your Brux 6.5 1-8" twist barrel as I have had. I built a 6.5 x 47 L with a HV 1-8" barrel from Brux barrel on my Predator and it shoots great and has only shown the slightest indication of any copper.

Try 130 g Berger VLDs as mine likes them a lot either just touching the lands or 0.005" into the lands.

Enjoy shooting and then worry about paint the fun is in the bang and making a 5-shot group get smaller and smaller as you find what it likes.

Just my two cents,

That’s a very classy rig. I wouldn’t be apposed to leaving it as is. If you paint it, skip the air cure Dura Coat and go with a Thermal Cure Product like KG Gun Kote, Cerakote or Norrels Moly Resin. Black is always a good choice but, KG has several colors that would look equally good. Silver, Brushed Stainless or Titanium are just three that come to mind.

I can not compare the medium to the heavy. I like the way it is balanced and is not as heavy as I thought. We will see how she shoots. I had The guys at Brux use the same reamer as the 260 upper I have so I can use the same bullet set up on both. I would duracoat just the Barrel and action, I have done a few so we'll see. Thanks for the complements, most of the parts and the info I have gotten from this site and you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Duracoated Sniper green and mat black. I know not exactly a tactical scope but one is in the future.