• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st custom build for me...

apricot

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
midwest usa
ok here goes nothing... this is what i have chosen to build. .300wsm = krieger stainless heavy palma conture barrel. surgeon 591wsm action. accuracy int ax chassis. jewell trigger. accurate mag 7 round mags. phoenix tactical bipod. nightforce nxs 5.5x22x56 NPR1 reticle .nightforce rings.cerracote all metal green to match color of chassis. and TBAC 30P1 c.c.r will do the smith work. so what do you guys think???

Re: 1st custom build for me...

why a wsm and not a standard bf caliber? is it a hunting rifle?

Rifle sounds awesome but as a competetive shooter i see no reason to shoot the 300wsm honestly. it doesn't have a ballistic advantage over a 243, creedmoor, 260, 708 and it will recoil alot more, Barrel life will probably be roughly the same.

well i have a .308 and a .338lm. and i like the .300wsm cartrige... i do believe there was a record set back in 2010 with that round. "matt kline"2.815" 1000 yds. and a .30 calibur also has a tremendous amount of bullet choices. some of my reasons... lol

sounds like a state of the art,superb package. if you want or need a "big" 30,i think your caliber choice is excellent for all the obvious cartridge design reasons. i assume you hand load? if this caliber meets your parameters of useage,the only downside is your gun and ammo getting separated on the way to a hunt. a bunch of guys face that problem annually.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WOOD CHUCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i have a .308 and a .338lm. and i like the .300wsm cartrige... i do believe there was a record set back in 2010 with that round. "matt kline"2.815" 1000 yds. and a .30 calibur also has a tremendous amount of bullet choices. some of my reasons... lol</div></div>

don't get the wrong impression it sounds sweet even though i have never been a magnum guy myself. if you have 308 and 338 i would say that a 284 or 260 would be my caliber choice to fill any void you think you may have thats just my opinion.

well here is another reason bud. i have tons of once fired brass also. relatives hunt deer and shoot the .300wsm and give me all of their brass.kinda an economical decision also... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WOOD CHUCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well here is another reason bud. i have tons of once fired brass also. relatives hunt deer and shoot the .300wsm and give me all of their brass.kinda an economical decision also... lol</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WOOD CHUCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">approx $4000.00 not including glass.</div></div>

now thats funny an economical decision building a $4000 rifle and choosing the caliber because you can save $200 on not buying brass. I literally laughed out loud when i read that, rationalize it however you have want as long as your happy with it nothing else really matters!!

guess i should have added that i dont shoot paper. steel long range. on private range...besides i like the .300wsm... fits in between what i have quite nicely. but thank you so much for your opinion it is appreciated.

and as far as recoil. supressor = pussy cat .300wsm.
smile.gif