• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st Efile Approval

I'm sitting on Day 164 of my eForm 4. <grumpy>

To take my mind off it, I submitted a couple of eForm 1s--both of those managed to get approved quickly. (SBR took 15 days and home made can took 11 days). It's the same background check, the same verifications......I'm wondering howinthehell it takes an estimated 8 months to adjudicate a eF4

Last edited:
Reactions: AMGtuned

To take my mind off it, I submitted a couple of eForm 1s--both of those managed to get approved quickly. (SBR took 15 days and home made can took 11 days). It's the same background check, the same verifications......I'm wondering how it takes an estimated 8 months to adjudicate a eF4

How long ago was your form 1 for a suppressor? How did the pic stuff go?

Amazing they now want you to have “suppressor parts” to take a picture of. But before having “suppressor parts” not drilled was a NOGO.

I received an email from the ATF today saying my efiled Form 4 was approved with an attachment showing the stamp. Does this mean I can go get it or do they still mail a paper copy to the dealer?
They got the same email you did. You should be able to pop in and finish your paperwork (4473 completion) and walk out with it. You will likely get a call from them soon, but you can certainly reach out and arrange a time to do go down there before they call.

Reactions: 338dude

Amazing they now want you to have “suppressor parts” to take a picture of. But before having “suppressor parts” not drilled was a NOGO.
I didn't use any pre-made parts, so that probably helped.

I clicked 'submit' on Dec 7th, 2022. Mailed my prints on Dec 8th and they arrived at ATF on Dec 12th.

The approval email was sent at 6:06 AM on Dec 17th, 2022. (last Saturday)

These are the pics I sent--I put on the application that 'raw barstock to be turned on lathe only after F1 approval'. My 'plans' are only slightly better than a napkin doodle and Mr. Seleski would have given me an 'F' in 7th grade shop class--I didn't even bother to use a ruler for straight lines.:ROFLMAO:

I either had a very generous examiner, or some folks are overthinking the requirements.

Attachments

• Raw Materials for Silencer.jpg
    Raw Materials for Silencer.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 73
  • SH000SH plans, pg 1.jpg
    SH000SH plans, pg 1.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 74
  • SH000SH plans, pg 2.jpg
    SH000SH plans, pg 2.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 70
I didn't use any pre-made parts, so that probably helped.

I clicked 'submit' on Dec 7th, 2022. Mailed my prints on Dec 8th and they arrived at ATF on Dec 12th.

The approval email was sent at 6:06 AM on Dec 17th, 2022. (last Saturday)

These are the pics I sent--I put on the application that 'raw barstock to be turned on lathe only after F1 approval'. My 'plans' are only slightly better than a napkin doodle and Mr. Seleski would have given me an 'F' in 7th grade shop class--I didn't even bother to use a ruler for straight lines.:ROFLMAO:

I either had a very generous examiner, or some folks are overthinking the requirements.
Looks like something right out of granddaddy’s cook book 🤣🤣

Good to know.

Reactions: 338dude

To take my mind off it, I submitted a couple of eForm 1s--both of those managed to get approved quickly. (SBR took 15 days and home made can took 11 days). It's the same background check, the same verifications......I'm wondering howinthehell it takes an estimated 8 months to adjudicate a eF4
Because fuck you thats why. At least thats how it was explained to me

They may have only a few examiners that do form 1 since it's slightly more in depth than verifying a common manufactured can.

It has to be a different line, because it's not uncommon.

They don't "want" you to have "suppressor parts". They want to see: who is selling what, what it looks like, how easy it appears to be to "modify", and lastly "IF" those parts meet THEIR definition of a "silencer", so they can jam both you and the seller up.

If you're following the kings rules, then one would only have the tools to make such a thing, at best. Maybe some raw stock material from some other project (that wasn't used to make a previously approved f1, because then it would be material used "only for the construction of a firearm silencer"). 🤣🤣🤣 but seriously, you see where that could go.

But: if I'm non-prohibited, you've accepted my "application"(notification), and cleared my "payment"(tax due to exercise constitutional right); doesn't that mean that I've held up my end of the bargain, and should be able to begin EXPRESSING that constitutional birth right? 🤔 😉

Derail/rant over. Congrats to all those with short wait times!