• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 1st Elk hunt, Nevada

GunMax

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2012
Oklahoma
I had a great weekend. Shot this Elk in the Jarbidge wilderness area in northern Nevada. It was at 170 yards with a TC 50 cal muzzle loader.

Nice solid bull. Excellent shot with a muzzleloader! Congrats.

Exactly what I was thinking, thats a very dark cape. I'd probably mount it just for that.

Well done with the smoke pole.

t

I hate you so much Max, but not so much that I won't take some backstrap off your hands.

Good thing you had a strong packer along to help you haul that thing out. Those boned out hams were heavy! Congrats on a fine first bull. Hopefully that bull is a precursor of many more bulls to come!

Now you are a full-fledged big game hunter, not just a hog shooter ;)

I think he was real dark because of the mud. He was close to a mud hole when I shot him. But I think he is still a darker color. We will see how he looks after I mount him.

I think he was real dark because of the mud. He was close to a mud hole when I shot him. But I think he is still a darker color. We will see how he looks after I mount him.

Definitely post a picture for us. I can't tell if he's extra dark from the water/rolling in mud or just really dark natured. Regardless, he's a wall hanger...