• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 1st Gen Glcok 17 tips on grip work?

bhoges

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2003
Plainview,NY
I just got an awesome deal on a Glock 17. I put new sights on,3.5 disconnect,ext mag and slide release and coated the slide. I shot it today for the 1st time and I hate it. The pistol is difficult to hold due to the lack on finger groves. Granted I was using dept ammo plus P so it was hot loads. What options are there? I see Hogue has a slip on grip. Seems it would make the grip too thick. Im used to my Glcok 19 and 1911 with pretty agressive checkering.
glock17complete.jpg

Re: 1st Gen Glcok 17 tips on grip work?

Brian, there are some companies that do a stippling job on the Glocks. I believe Robar does(lots $$$) and another Hide member may do the same.

If you want to do it on the cheap and have a pretty nice/very functional job, you can do it with a small solder iron from a dept store. I used to do this treatment on Sig grips that were too slick for my tastes. I would let the iron heat up and apply it to the grip at an angle. This would push up a bit of the grip while making a nice dimple. You should get a piece of material similar to your grip's composition and practice before lay into the Glock.

Really why is that? I might have to let this one go.

Go to the local skate shop, get some grip tape for the skate boards. With a shark xacto knife you can cut out grip panels and such. There are also companies that sell precut ones as well.

hey i got one of them................its my SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLAR GLOCK......and its for sale too...........

I was thinking along the same line. Its a nice gun but looks only go so far.I need to load up some target loads.

Bowie Tactical Concepts does great grip stippling, check out his website.

It is easy to do with a soldering iron.

Here's my G26 that I stippled:
102_1898.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irelander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bowie Tactical Concepts does great grip stippling, check out his website.

102_1898.jpg

</div></div>

DO NOT DO THAT TO A GEN 1 GLOCK! Would you paint a big smile on the Mona Lisa because she wasn't smiling enough? Find someone who wants the pistol and go buy a Gen 3.

Or get one of these if you want finger grooves
http://www.topglock.com/item/4062_Hogue_Grips_Pads_Stocks_HOG_17000_HAND-ALL_RUBBER.aspx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

DO NOT DO THAT TO A GEN 1 GLOCK! Would you paint a big smile on the Mona Lisa because she wasn't smiling enough? Find someone who wants the pistol and go buy a Gen 3.

Or get one of these if you want finger grooves
http://www.topglock.com/item/4062_Hogue_Grips_Pads_Stocks_HOG_17000_HAND-ALL_RUBBER.aspx </div></div>

Thank you! How many Gen 1's are left in the world.[/quote]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irelander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bowie Tactical Concepts does great grip stippling, check out his website.

102_1898.jpg

</div></div>

That's some nice work there Irelander. First attempt?

Do the stippling yourself it is easy. Mine came out awesome first time I tried.Look on Glocktalk do a search..