• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st gen Vectronix Terrapin

Dave Garrett

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
I got tired of finding the right rangefinder in my price range that worked for me... I finally gambled and bought a used Terrapin... I know if it breaks or has a problem it is just a paper weight... I have a G7 .... Have bought and sold Leica RF Binos. Sig Kilo up to the 2200... and read everything I could before deciding to try and old Terrapin...I tried it out at the sellers house and ranged over 2800 yard in mid day sun with pretty good heat waves each and every time... I hope this one lasts and is what I have been looking for...

Bought a new Terrapin 8 or 9 years ago and still works great. PIcked up a 25C so I could tether it with FFS and the Terrapin has relegated a safe queen and should probably sell it.

So far I am very happy with it... even with the smoke in the air around here it did very well...It ranged my camp trailer at 3829 yesterday and everything in between. It ranged my steel targets easily under 2000 yards... After that I would have to make sure it was held real steady to get ranges...I don't have a cell phone and I am not going to get one... I am deciding what PDA to get to run a ballistic program... I had a Trimble Nomad 900L years ago... It was tough and batteries lasted a long time. .. But was very limited in the Program you could use on it and a bit bulky. .. Any ideas on what tough stand alone PDA and ballistic program would be good????

I have two original (PLRF05) Terrapins and (sold) one Terrapin X. Both the originals outranged the X. Have a Zeiss Halem 2S and the Sig 3000BDX and have had the 2400ABS and the Nikon 4000 (sold the latter two). The PLRF05 Terrapin is my standard reference RF; it's that reliable. I surely hope to stay away from the bad experiences of a few and continue to enjoy the dependability of many. But I don't need two so I'm selling one.