• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st Rimfire Build Up

BOHEMION

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2009
Australia
Hey guys im currently in the motions to start my 1st .22LR build, based on a CZ 452 Varmint Heavy barrel and using a Wild Dog Stock
Wild-Dog-CZ452-Varmint-22LR-Tan.jpg

Im having problems trying to find a decent scope. I went to the store yesterday and the sales bloke brought out a CounterSniper scope. After reading this great site I have gathered that they are pretty bad, so wont bother with it.

Im after something Preferably Mil dot, Under $400, decent Magnification withouth being overkill for a .22LR. Main use will be range and some Bench/Sporter comps with the odd Farm use (rabbits). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

One last question. I have the chance to pick up a BRNO Model 2 in great condition! And would like to slip it into the same stock. Can someone please inform me if the BRNO action & receiver is the same as the CZ 452's as the Wild Dog stock will only suit the 452s.

Thank you in advance

Re: 1st Rimfire Build Up

16X (or 10X, but I prefer 16) Super Sniper in your choice of good rings on a Rimfire Technologies rail.

Thanks TP - I did search but was hoping for an up to date suggestion (new models). I havent heard of the SSS line of optics and i may have to import to Aus, Though after a further search the Bushnell 3200 Tactical 10x seem to be a fav around here.

Cheers for the suggestion

Does anyone have an idea of my above quesion? if the BRNO action & receiver assembly is the same as the CZ 452's ?

Another scope you might take a look at is the Bushnell 3200 tactical 5-15x40.Very good glass, variable and has mildots.Sorry I can't help with the BRNO/CZ issue....

1. Where in Aus are you? QLD? Then i can recommend Pine Rivers Lock & Gun. They are the ONLY people i let fiddle round with my anschutz atm.

2. Not sure bout your BRNO/CZ issue, but if they differ slightly, i'm sure a smith can grind out some of the stock to make it fit, and you can get it epoxy or pillar bedded at the same time! Win win!

3. Good luck finding a decent scope at a low price in Australia, i haven't. The only good scopes that i've seen without over inflated prices (eg. 5.5k for S&B 4-16) are the nightforce scopes, but its definitely off your $400 budget. My mate's got a weaver and a burris, and i had a go with them, optics aren't that bad and the price isnt too high. maybe they might work for you?

Hope it helps. Cheers.

Hey Jonny, I'm not far from the boys at Pine Rivers at all. And dont get me started about the prices here is in Aus, its outta control! Plus if I wanted to import a stock for it, I have to fill out numerous QPS and Customs forms. It's good that the security is tight, but soo much mucking around for us good guys.

I'm also interested in finding out if the BRNO Model 2s action share the same config as any of the CZ's as I'd love to restock mine as well.

The 452's were modeled after the BRNO number 2's, so the inletting should be identical as long as you are not using the "American" 452 model that has the action screws which are different, but rather the original 452 with the forward barrel lug and action screw like the trainer or the "conventional" 452 with the hogsback euro type stock. Get the best glass you can almost afford, if you are not wincing at the price and scrambling to find the dough to pay for it you could have settled for better. Maybe a Falcon is easier for you to obtain over there, I'm not sure on that.