• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 1/2 Years

Convex

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2021
Reddondo Beach CA,90278
That's from when I decided I wanted a top tier scope to having the March High Master 4.5-28X52 leveled and in a F3R mount. This was "on again" and then "off again" several times, mixed in w/other projects of mine which meant a kind of leisurely march to finishing this.

Never fails that a popular mod that everybody wants is usually out of stock. I got tired of waiting for a deal level that was out of stock for what seemed like forever, so I ordered an 8 inch picatinny blank (black finish w/a flat bottom) and used contact cement to glue it to an 8 inch extended Arca Swiss type QD plate which is what I used on my tripod to level the scope in the F3R mount. The pictatinny blank from Eveolution works, and Hejnar Arca Swiss type QD plate ran something like $85.00 as opposed to the $200.00 this other outfit wanted

I went "belt and suspenders" using a rt angle ruler on the flat part of a RIES LF tripod base and lining it up to a plumb bob at the same time, and also using the Arisaka tool to line up the bottom of the March scope to the flat portion of the F3R mount and slapped the mount on the Ries base.

I lined up the scope on a plumb bob and the reticle was on the money, perfect. No adjustment whatsoever.

You really can't go wrong w/the best of gear, it's really a matter which scope is the best fit for your needs.

March-F3-RFVZ4-W.jpg

Last edited:
i hope everyone is having a GREAT Labor Day Weekend!!!

I'll be adding a new trigger to the MR762 and a muzzle brake in addition to the March HM 4.5-28X52 taking its place atop the throne, but the most significant piece making everything legal here in CA is the featureless grip, and I was lucky enough to track down three of them which was difficult since the guy who made these found a way to go out of business despite these being for me, both the most stylish and comfortable of the featureless grips out there. You can get your thumb around it similar to how you grip a rifle w/a standard riflestock.

There are two outfits out here in CA that sell long guns w/a CA legal conversions, and one of the outfits will use your grip (if it's legal), pin the stock, so you don't have to JACK the magazine release, and you can pick it up from them, or have them ship to your FFL if you're not local to them.

Through the years I've shot the rifles of friends and my WarVet relatives whenever I've wanted, but decided on a rifle of my own when I started to spend more time out in the country, but it would've been a "no-go" if I was stuck w/one of the fin-grips where your hand and your thumb are both on the same side.

I've never grabbed my woman, or my long guns that way so I wasn't going to start now.

MR762-FVZ3-SML34-W.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't happy w/this shot, and the more I looked at it, the less I liked it, so I took the time to reshoot it. YEAH I've got OCD, so what.

I'm happy w/the reshoot, and if you care to see the image @ the original size I shot it, it's here (scoll down to the bottom #451)