• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2-10x Scope. your favorite?

ra2bach

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2004
Atlanta,GA
I'm looking for a 2-10x with illumination. I have been considering the PSTII 2-10x32 or Burris XTRii 2-10x42.

anyone have a preference for one or the other and/or am I missing another good option?

Last edited:
Nightforce 2.5-10x42mm

I really like a SFP scope in this power range. Makes for easier hunting when the target is inside 100 yards

Reactions: Moose
The 2.5x8x36 Leopold offering is what I've used for years. Add the TS 32-1 MOA X-mas tree ret(they call it something different now) an never look back. Zero an hold it all in the scope, no need to knob anything there after. I've dropped Moose, Elk, Deer, Squirrel an shoot to a grand (on 7x) with them, never an issue in the real world.

Nightforce for sure. You can pick up the 3-10 SHV for under $800 or a used NXS for around $1000. Either one would be a better quality scope than what you are currently considering.

Nightforce 2.5-10x42mm

I really like a SFP scope in this power range. Makes for easier hunting when the target is inside 100 yards

I agree with you on that. I had a Vortex PST 2.5-10 and it was practically unusable in bright daylight at the bottom end...

Nightforce for sure. You can pick up the 3-10 SHV for under $800 or a used NXS for around $1000. Either one would be a better quality scope than what you are currently considering.

yeah, I thought about that but I don't like their reticle choices. this is to go on a 16" AR with match barrel in the DMR-style. It's used mainly around 400yds. I would be happy with a simple illuminated mildot, which they don't offer in that scope.

Nightforce 2.5-10x42mm

oh no doubt. but I really can't spend that much till I free up some other stuff. wanna buy a couple motorcycles?.. :cool:

I have a 2-10 XTRII on two rifles. My hunting .243Win and my 6.5PCC AR. I shoot both of those out to about 750 and I really like the scope. I have the 1-8 XTRII on my .308 AR and I think that is about perfect for an AR out to 600 yards.

The 2.5x8x36 Leopold offering is what I've used for years. Add the TS 32-1 MOA X-mas tree ret(they call it something different now) an never look back. Zero an hold it all in the scope, no need to knob anything there after. I've dropped Moose, Elk, Deer, Squirrel an shoot to a grand (on 7x) with them, never an issue in the real world.

not lume...

Personally I am not a fan of the 2-10 power scopes. I tried a 2.5-10x42 and was always wanting more power. Perhaps your application is short range shooting and 10x all you need. If planning to shoot past 300 yards, I'd be buying NF NXS 3.5-15x50
I own 3 of them and it is my favorite scope for my light weight/backpacking hunting rifles. Also have one on a 6.5 grendel gas gun.

Reactions: notunclejoe
Personally I am not a fan of the 2-10 power scopes. I tried a 2.5-10x42 and was always wanting more power. Perhaps your application is short range shooting and 10x all you need. If planning to shoot past 300 yards, I'd be buying NF NXS 3.5-15x50
I own 3 of them and it is my favorite scope for my light weight/backpacking hunting rifles. Also have one on a 6.5 grendel gas gun.

this is a fairly accurate 16" 5.56, I shoot it mostly out to 400yds but 600 isn't out of the question. it has a SWFA 3-15x42 SFP on it now but no lume...

Reactions: notunclejoe
Nightforce 2.5x10x32 or 42 are great scopes. Have 1 with a low velocity reticle on 18 inch Jp that shoots out to 600yards using reticle only and another one with np1 reticle on my 6.8spc. Both scopes perform great and have served me for years. Hard to beat this scope.

Have Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP but like the Leupold VX6 2-12 X 42 much better ( they all is 30mm tube )

I have a 2-10 XTRII on two rifles. My hunting .243Win and my 6.5PCC AR. I shoot both of those out to about 750 and I really like the scope. I have the 1-8 XTRII on my .308 AR and I think that is about perfect for an AR out to 600 yards.
Hello, I am liking the 2-10 XTRII FFP for a hunting scope. But, I am reading the SFP may be the better choice at the low powers for shots inside 100 yards. Is the reticle usable in the low powers 2 and 3? Thanks.