• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2.5 X 10 X 32 NF

chain

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
MI USA
I keep looking at this scope to put on my hunting rifles, which is all my rifles because I hunt with all of them.. I want to shave weight and bulk. My Lupie hung up in the saddle scabbard alot when I elk hunted a few years ago. I want your thoughts on how much you think you give up with only 10 X magnification ? I am also wondering how they would work for old eyes without parallax adjustment? Thanks Guys.

Re: 2.5 X 10 X 32 NF

I use this scope on my deer/groundhog rifle.
The weight difference between it and a Leupold 6.5-20x50 is noticeable and the slimmer turrets are a big plus.

002.jpg

Have them on 2 rifles, and love them.

1-2 min steel out beyond 300yds.

51 year old eyes, lifelong glasses wearer.

Thanks Guys. I need to see one up close and personal I guess. I am going to try and find a local dealer.

I really like mine. If you decide to get one, I suggest two things:

1) Get zero-stop since the compact turrets have no turn indicators

2) Match the turrets to the reticle, e.g. mil/mil or MOA with the NP1 or NP-R2

Nope, they weigh 19 ounces. The NF 3.5-15x50 weighs 30 ounces, if I remember correctly.

Would one opt for m.o.a. adjustments because it is a smaller adjustment? That would help you when shooting paper, I wouldn't think it would matter on elk.

Chain,

You are smart.

Those TWO pound scopes are over-built and not necessary even for government contracts. They're like Bentleys; a luxury item for those who can afford them and mainly to be looked at rather than actually used all that much.

How many Bentleys have we heard of having on it a million miles?

The reasonable sized 2.5x10 NF allows more comfortable mounting for cheek weld because the objective isn't so large the rings must be high requiring the shooter to chin the stock. With lighter barrels on hunting rifles a scope can be mounted lower and since hunting stocks have more drop at the comb than tactical or prone stocks these scopes offer more comfortable shooting on a hunting rifle to me. Finally, lower means lower all together - lower knobs - less snag, etc. Down here we're used to crawling through briars and vines looking for a deer we should've shot better and they seem go into the biggest thicket around.

Light, low, fluted, skinny, bedded (the chamber along with the action), braked, reduced.

Binoculars allow us to see all necessary. They're for glassing.
A 10x scope is perfect for shooting except for benchrest competition.

I just moved this way...
One on a 260 and the other on a 300wsm.
Mike

Smart and me don't normally collide in the same sentence. But Thank you. I have had to down size recently. There is alot of space in the safe. I am down to two centerfires. I am going to make them clones of one another , same LOP same stock, same optics. One is going to be a 7mm something or other and the one is a 300 win. I think the NF 2.5 X 10 X32 is going to be the optics. I just have never warmed up to the big objective lens. I have made do, but I have never liked them. For the reasons you guys have listed. I guess it is an old dog new trick thing. Thanks Guys

I use my 2.5-10x32 NF on my 5.8 lb pound 300 win mag mountain rig. I love it. Great hunting scope. Spence

I just ut together a Sauer 202 light weight hunter with 2 barrels for my traveling rifle combo. It's chambered in .30-06 and 9.3x62.

It's getting my NF 2.5-10 with NP R2 and MOA ZS knobs. Print out a couple range cards to know how to set each and it'll be a quick swap.

I have 2 other 2.5-10 NFs on other hunting rigs.

Like said above, binos and spotting scopes are for glassing. the 2.5-10 power range is great for most hunting situations. So is the 2.5-8, 3-9,etc. For all the reasons stated above.

Good luck.