• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

2 Beanland Builds Just Got Done

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I just picked up my two builds from Beanland today. Jon builds a helluva rifle!! I'm super excited to get these things out to the range.

Here's the rifles:
Surgeon WSM 591 in 7mm Rem SAUM, Obermeyer twisted w/Kampfeld brake
Manners T5A with Mini Chassis
Vortex Razor
Beanlandbuilds001.jpg

The bolt is NP3 coated
Beanlandbuilds004.jpg

The long range coyote slayer:
Stiller Predator in 243AI, Rock 8 twist
McMillan A5 with Surgeon DBM
SS 5-20
Beanlandbuilds011-1.jpg

Beanlandbuilds008.jpg

Beanlandbuilds009.jpg

Beanlandbuilds010.jpg

Re: 2 Beanland Builds Just Got Done

LOVE them! Can't wait to see range results, but I got an idea...

Damn i am jealous. You have 2 sweet looking builds and have fun wageing war on those coyotes with the 243AI. It is a great round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn i am jealous. You have 2 sweet looking builds and have fun wageing war on those coyotes with the 243AI. It is a great round.</div></div>

It is the 4th one I have had over the years.

I'm ready to bang some steel.

Nice! Because of this forum and a couple reputable smiths I am having a 7-08 hunting rig built by Beanland and soon will be shipping him the components for a 243AI in a Mickey A3. He's been nothing but great to work with over the phone thus far.

Have fun with your new rigs....they look great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm ready to bang some steel. </div></div>

Sweet looking rifles! When you get a load worked up, give me a shout and you can come wring those out. My 284 in the xlr chassis should be finished in a couple weeks.

Congrats, Jon has built me a few rifles and all shoot extremely well. You'll love that brake Karl made as well...I had one on my Norma

Very nice Jason! What's the barrel length on the 7?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KPK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice Jason! What's the barrel length on the 7?</div></div>

24", expecting to get around 3100 with the 162amax

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surgeon WSM 591 in 7mm Rem SAUM, Obermeyer twisted w/Kampfeld brake
Manners T5A with Mini Chassis
Vortex Razor
The bolt is NP3 coated </div></div>

Looks good, thanks for posing the pictures! What is the magazine and bottom metal setup on the 7mm? It looks like it might be an AICS mag with modifications? Could you post some pictures of the magazine and mag well? Was the receiver notched out? How does it feed? Thanks!

the bottom metal on the 7mm is the Manners Mini Chassis. The mag is the AICS mag that came when I purchased some Surgeon DBM. The receiver is not notched out, Surgeon doesn't recommend that process on their actions.

I haven't ran any ammo through the mag/rifle yet. I will let you know when I do.

Are you talking about a vld notch? My rsr wsm action has the vld notch from the factory.

Get you an alpha mag, squeeze out all the oal you can!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm ready to bang some steel. </div></div>

Sweet looking rifles! When you get a load worked up, give me a shout and you can come wring those out. My 284 in the xlr chassis should be finished in a couple weeks. </div></div>

I will for sure. We will have to do it early....too dang hot to try an evening or middle of the day shoot.

When it cools off bring that 243 out and we will wack some yotes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coythtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it cools off bring that 243 out and we will wack some yotes.</div></div>

Will do. I figured you would like the stainless look!

Nice looking rifles. I just bought a Beanland 260 off a member and I'm sending the barrel out to be nitrided tomorrow. I'm anxious to get it out.

Do you know how backed up Jon is at this time? What was your turnaround on these?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking rifles. I just bought a Beanland 260 off a member and I'm sending the barrel out to be nitrided tomorrow. I'm anxious to get it out.

Do you know how backed up Jon is at this time? What was your turnaround on these?

Thanks</div></div>

4-6 weeks at the moment was what I was told. These were around 6 weeks.

Very nice looking sticks you have there. Let us know how things go at the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Beanlandbuilds004.jpg

</div></div>

In this picture it looks like there is a slot milled in the side of the magazine? That is why I was asking if the magazine is modified, because AICS doesn't make a WSM magazine, right? Was the cutout because WSM shoulder is longer than the 308 and the cut removes the rib that was meant for 308? Does the magazine still have the spacer plate in the front part to limit COL? Thanks!

They look awesome! I just picked up a new 22-243 from him the other day. Pretty sure I already know what they will shoot like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McFred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In this picture it looks like there is a slot milled in the side of the magazine? That is why I was asking if the magazine is modified, because AICS doesn't make a WSM magazine, right? Was the cutout because WSM shoulder is longer than the 308 and the cut removes the rib that was meant for 308? Does the magazine still have the spacer plate in the front part to limit COL? Thanks!</div></div>

241f94c2.jpg

e0b2e7ac.jpg